• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

No YouTube sound

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Make sure YouTube videos are "unmuted".
It may not be your problem but it's worth checking.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Make sure YouTube videos are "unmuted".
It may not be your problem but it's worth checking.

Yes, there are two volume controls with YouTube. The PC volume, and the YouTube volume. If one or the other is set very low / off, adjusting the other does little good.

Been there, done that!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Clean your cache and restart your computer - I loose mine regularly - just because the laptop has been on for a while.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Sliders were fine. Two separate problems. 1. Desktop. Tinkered around, right clicking all sound items and sound finally came on. Why? Quien sabe. 2. Laptop. External speakers were in the trunk of the car being shipped to Florida. The laptop was pining for them. Again, I messed around without much success until the sound suddenly came on LOUD when my wife was online, scaring the you-know-what out of her. If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous. The online advice (not from you all) was more than useless, especially the ones with sound! How stupid is that?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, we did try to give you sound advice.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
2. Laptop. External speakers were in the trunk of the car being shipped to Florida. The laptop was pining for them. Again, I messed around without much success until the sound suddenly came on LOUD when my wife was online, scaring the you-know-what out of her.

This just reminded me of a "feature" with Windows 10 - when I upgraded I could not get the sound to work with speakers. Basically you need to specify whether you want the sound to come from the internal speaker or the headphone jack (external speakers) - previous versions of Windows switched automatically - so, if you right click on the speaker icon in your tray (bottom right) go to playback devices and you will see the choice - you will need to set one as the default. Note that if the speakers are not plugged in it won't show as an option.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
So I found out.
Computers were actually way more fun years ago when you had to learn arcane commands with alt and ctrl. Today's computers are like today's cars. Maybe worse. Definitely worse. And when you do get help online, it's either so simple you've already done it ten times or else 15 steps long and you have to be a programmer to figure it out. Bah. Humbug.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Spent a couple hours with a client's machine on Tuesday, the thing had a disconnect twixt Quickbooks and Outlook. The Micro$tuff KB had 3,300+ incidents of the same issue listed... MAPI error, MS software interface. Hours of productivity lost before I got there, my time and fee, all to email invoices "conveniently". And these things were touted as being able to do stuff faster and more efficiently, turn businesses into more productive entities.

BANTHA POODOO!!