• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moody Blues, Sad News

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
>> Ray Thomas, Moody Blues founding member and singer, has died<<. One of my all time favorite groups. As I was reading this, I just realized a coincidence. The first time I heard Moody Blues was at a co-workers home when I was in the Air Force back in 72. I remember hearing The Story in Your Eyes on is big Quad Channel stereo and thought "I have to get that album!" Been a fan ever since.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
:frown:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I have several albums (in High Def on my FiiO HD player). Listening to them now. Good stuff!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
They're all dropping away.

I saw an amusing interview... might have been with Hayward or Edge... about all their cool lyrics (that we loved in our youth). The interviewer commented on how "deep and meaningful" those songs were. But Hayward or Edge (just can't remember which) said something like "we just thought the words sounded cool!" LOL

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
They're all dropping away.

I saw an amusing interview... might have been with Hayward or Edge... about all their cool lyrics (that we loved in our youth). The interviewer commented on how "deep and meaningful" those songs were. But Hayward or Edge (just can't remember which) said something like "we just thought the words sounded cool!" LOL

A lot of Beatle songs like that.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A bit like getting to the guru on the mountain-top to ask the meaning of life... he replies... you question him further and he says "well, I think so - what do you think?" :highly_amused:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sad indeed. The Moody Blues were the first band I fell in love with (I was an odd kid for the 80's). I remember mentioning to my aunt that I liked their new song (in the 80's) "Your wildest dreams." My aunt then let me know that the Moodies had been around a long time and bought me a compilation album from their early work. So I was a kid in the 80's listening to early Moodies albums. Saw them a few times and they always put on a good show. Still listen to those first 7 albums.

God Speed Ray. We'll miss your flute and your voice.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The very first album I ever bought (and with my own money) was Days of Future Passed.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The very first album I ever bought (and with my own money) was Days of Future Passed.

I think that was the first of their albums I bought too, followed closely by Every Good Boy Deserves Favor which I remember buying just to get the song "The Story in Your Eyes" which I had heard at a friends house and which was the first MB song I'd ever heard. Both of those albums were on 8-Track so I could listen in my car!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Always liked "To Our Children's Children's Children" and "Threshold of a Dream."

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This is indeed sad news; Seventh Sojourn was one of the first albums (non classical) that I fell in love with. The Moody Blues has remained one of my favorite bands and I still listen to them regularly.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
After many years of being overlooked, the Moodies finally will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. Too bad he died before...

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
This thread got me to look up the Moody Blues on You Tube. Somehow from there I arrived on the Eric Burdon and the Animals site. Enjoyed a morning rummaging through my youth.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good luck remembering this one!

Or THIS. Minnie ruled.

Skip Spence was another one.