Thread: Map Light

Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Map Light

Well I did get that darn break switch issue done thanks to you folks. So, here is a puzzler for you.
    i am at the point of installing the glove box on my RHD 75 Spitfire. Now, where would this light be located in the glove box? As per the wiring schematics, there is a switch for said light. Where would that switch be located? And what type of switch would you recommend?

Tony P
    75 RHD Spitfire

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Map Light

If it's the map light I think it is the switch is incorporated in the light itself. When folded up it is off, when you swivel it open it turns on. No separate switch. The light is mounted above the Glove box opening in plane sight.
    1961 Sunbeam Harrington
    1969 MGC 1979 Triumph Spitfire (Sabrina)
    1968 Austin 3 Litre
    2004 Jaguar X-Type
    1967 Rover 2000 TC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Map Light

Well Number 6, I did some homework after your post and this is what I found. Yes upon close inspection I saw the nylon insulators at the base of the folding light stem. I applied power and a ground and sure enough, it worked. I then checked the dash board flange and found the 3/8 in hole for mounting the map light.

I installed the cardboard glove box and map light and tried the light and it worked quite well. Thanks for the push in the right direction. Although I have a map light now, I wonder if I will ever read a map with it? Siri now takes me anywhere I want to go and I don't even have a map around anymore......

Tony P