• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spitfire Map Light

Tony P

Well I did get that darn break switch issue done thanks to you folks. So, here is a puzzler for you.
i am at the point of installing the glove box on my RHD 75 Spitfire. Now, where would this light be located in the glove box? As per the wiring schematics, there is a switch for said light. Where would that switch be located? And what type of switch would you recommend?

Tony P
75 RHD Spitfire

number6

Jedi Trainee
If it's the map light I think it is the switch is incorporated in the light itself. When folded up it is off, when you swivel it open it turns on. No separate switch. The light is mounted above the Glove box opening in plane sight.

OP
T

Tony P

Well Number 6, I did some homework after your post and this is what I found. Yes upon close inspection I saw the nylon insulators at the base of the folding light stem. I applied power and a ground and sure enough, it worked. I then checked the dash board flange and found the 3/8 in hole for mounting the map light.

I installed the cardboard glove box and map light and tried the light and it worked quite well. Thanks for the push in the right direction. Although I have a map light now, I wonder if I will ever read a map with it? Siri now takes me anywhere I want to go and I don't even have a map around anymore......

Tony P

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C MGB Map Light 77 - 80 MGB MG 0
MadRiver Tiger 1 Map light question Sunbeam (Rootes) 2
KLUTZ Map light hookup question MG 4
M TR4/4A Is there a world wide map of members available on this website? Triumph 9
E relief map of lower front shroud 61 bt7 tricarb Austin Healey 0
S Map Lights Triumph 4
V Trans America Map for Triumph Triumph 21
tosoutherncars Next question! Carpet 'map'? Spridgets 9
jaybird MG2006 Frapper Map MG 1
mgbnew MGB Map lamp in 70 MGB MG 1
D TR2/3/3A 3D printed tail light Triumph 12
B For Sale GT6/Spitfire License Plate Light Assembly Triumph Classifieds 0
B Positive-Ground LED Light Strip Austin Healey 8
bigjones TR2/3/3A Rear tail light not budging Triumph 5
jfarris TR2/3/3A Light show in the turn signal indicator bulb Triumph 2
F TR2/3/3A head light buckets Triumph 3
tr6nitjulius For Sale TR6 tail light assemby & Resurfaced/New Ring Gear Flywheel Triumph Classifieds 0
G Brake Light Switch Failure Austin Healey 24
J TR2/3/3A Red ignition light stays on Triumph 7
Chrisc9 TR6 TR6 brake light Triumph 6
K TR2/3/3A Further question re TR3 red ignition light. Triumph 1
Gatheringtree TR2/3/3A LED headlamp and tail light conversion. Triumph 4
C MGB-GT Reproduction light switch MG 13
B Windscreen Pillar/Quarter Light Relationship Austin Healey 2
S TR2/3/3A Triumph TR3 Tail Light Issue when Headlights and Brakes are On Triumph 15
T Tail light extension Spridgets 2
M TR2/3/3A Generator Warning Light on with the Alternator Charging the Battery Triumph 4
K TR2/3/3A Another electrical problem: Park light & 5ignal light on Drivers side are brighter than....... Triumph 3
K TR2/3/3A The USA Panel Light Fuse? Triumph 1
rgfrey BN4 Ignition/Turn Indicator Light Austin Healey 7
6 E-Type brake light pressure switch location Jaguar 5
W Healey BN1 Ignition Light Austin Healey 8
K TR2/3/3A Red ignition light stays on...car has alternator not generator. Triumph 17
K TR2/3/3A TR3 with alternator conversion... red light stays on and low voltage on the voltmeter gauge? Triumph 1
K TR2/3/3A The two wires that go to the brake light stop switch junction......... Triumph 1
Rob Glasgow LED Dash Light Upgrade Austin Healey 28
K TR2/3/3A Cleaning the Solenoid contacts? Does pressing the small chrome "button" release the bake light fixture to access the contacts for cleaning? Triumph 7
R side light install Spridgets 2
S TR6 Oil Pressure Light Triumph 2
T TR2/3/3A Has anyone designed a hand brake warning light for the TR3? Triumph 3
Cappy Ignition Warning Light Austin Healey 6
I TR6 Dash light issues Triumph 19
Hamish Racing TR2/3/3A Remote brake light switch Triumph 5
B Brake light weirdness Dodge Ram Other Cars 5
JPSmit I saw the light! I saw the Light! Restoration & Tools 19
P TR2/3/3A TR3B Panel Light Switch Triumph 20
D TR2/3/3A center panel indicator light color Triumph 10
D TR2/3/3A Brake light switch. Triumph 22
Jim_Stevens TR2/3/3A No Ignition light and no starter Triumph 11
R Speedo High Beam Warning Light Color Austin Healey 14