• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Aussie Imports

Country flag
Caught this in my dad's 'Old Cars Weekly.' Since folks Down Under like to steal our cars and convert them to work on the wrong side of the road I thought I'd pass it along (top article).

small.jpg

OK, this is all but unreadable and the Forum won't let me post a larger version. The gist is the Australian government is now inspecting imports for asbestos, and some guy had a rather expensive Mustang GT350 dismantled by bureaucrats on the dock. If you'd like a larger copy send a PM with your email address and I'll send you one.

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Interesting......but it doesn't say if they found anything.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Caught this in my dad's 'Old Cars Weekly.' Since folks Down Under like to steal our cars and convert them to work on the wrong side of the road I thought I'd pass it along (top article).

View attachment 51888

OK, this is all but unreadable and the Forum won't let me post a larger version. The gist is the Australian government is now inspecting imports for asbestos, and some guy had a rather expensive Mustang GT350 dismantled by bureaucrats on the dock. If you'd like a larger copy send a PM with your email address and I'll send you one.

Just save this Image to your computer and then blow it up .

tpba

Freshman Member
Country flag
My BJ8 arrived from the US this year and is now in a million pieces, awaiting the removal of the other million pieces of rust.

I heard all about the asbestos, so i did the right thing and used a company that would supposedly takeout all the asbestos. They took out the brake pads only. Great. This is definitely the first decent resto my car has had.

My car is full of asbestos sheeting. Anything that is remotely insulating still has full and partial sheets of asbestos. Once i get the front shroud off i will go into “surgery” mode and set things up for safe removal. But the “partial” sheets are interesting........ Where are they now ? All over the roads of Michigan or other ?