• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I need a drink.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
This morning I was at one of the wholesale clubs and decided to pick up a bottle of scotch. There was a funny cap on it and when I got to the cashier she used a tool to remove it. It seems folks have been taking the caps off and pouring the liquor into other containers they bring with them or just having a free drink. They then walk out with free booze. What will they think of next

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Gads... the sick ingenuity of some people. This is like first learning that in the real estate business (a friend in it tells me) they worry about people looking through medicine cabinets for drugs during open houses! I must be an old geezer as these sorts of things would never enter my consciousness!

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This morning I was at one of the wholesale clubs and decided to pick up a bottle of scotch. There was a funny cap on it and when I got to the cashier she used a tool to remove it. It seems folks have been taking the caps off and pouring the liquor into other containers they bring with them or just having a free drink. They then walk out with free booze. What will they think of next

Thanks for that. I was in Costco before Christmas and saw a $2,500 bottle of scotch I knew I'd never get a taste of, this gives me new hope. Now if I can just figure out how to get into that locked glass cabinet.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that happening to my Maker's Mark.

Not a bourbon drinker, so I still have a bottle (half full) from about 1992.
:wink-new:
Bought it AT Maker's Mark (actually nearby because Maker's Mark, then anyway, was in a dry county! - go figure).

We are gin-lovers here.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Came across a half-full (or half empty?) bottle of Seagram's Crown Royal. God knows how long it was at the back of a cabinet. Maybe 15 years? It did not go to waste.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm a Scotch drinker but I keep a bottle of Bourbon for my father. His last couple of years he often got bored alone and came by my house and we would have a drink together. I sure miss those visits. Dang, that whiskey is 17 years old now. I guess it doesn't really age after being bottled though.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Never did like Whisky, Welllll, maybe a little Irish Whisky, in moderation of course, nothing over a double, wouldn't want to overdo it! :devilgrin: