• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sixteen Years Ago Today...

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
... I first logged on to the British Car Forum.

A lot has happened in sixteen years, some good, some not so good, but the forum has grown tremendously, to be where it is today as the foremost community for enthusiasts of these Little British Cars.

This is one of the last bastions of knowledge and expertise. The rise of Facebook has wooed many to memberships of enthusiast groups being hosted there, and it's easy to see why but the problem there is that these are not as easily searchable as a "traditional" online forum such as the BCF.

I have made some good friends on here, and met several of them.

Happy New Year to one and all, and here's to the next sixteen years.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
And if my rusty memory serves, you learned about BCF from an advertisement I had actually spent money on in a British Car magazine (am I remembering that right?)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
YAY!!! Took me a bit longer to find th' place.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Just a few months away on that also.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm about 8 months short of 16 years. It doesn't seem anywhere near that long. Time flies when you're having fun.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
May will be sixteen years since I was drawn in with Bas's ad in the late British Car Magazine.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
13 years... but coincidentally it has been 16 months (not years) since I dropped my body off at the painter (triumph body, not my physical body). Hoping I have a driving car in a few less months... 16 weeks would be phenomenal!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yes, the ad in British Car magazine was the starting point for me. Nice little magazine I must say, but the BCF has proven itself to be more informative...

Sad to see that magazine go belly up. I enjoyed it too! I used to subscribe to a magazine called "Ejag" that was all about Jaguars (not just Etypes either). I remember how great it was to get my monthly edition while I was on a remote duty in Greece. I still have most if not all of the issues and I doubt I'll ever get rid of them - still fun to browse through them.