• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Year's resolution

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ever had one of those "Ah Sh** moments?" I had one last night.

Ok, for my New Year's resolution, I resolve to check more closely what gear I'm taking with me when I leave to an event. New Years Eve we had a nice dinner/ dance at our Veterans of Foreign Wars post (in Albuquerque, 30 miles from my house). We were going to be at a table with 3 or 4 other couples so I wanted to take my Canon 6D but only wanted to take one lens that would be flexible enough for a variety of shots (also had my Speedlite with a defuser). The lens I decided to take was my Canon 24-105mm f4L lens. I figured that would be good enough for wide group shots and some more close up personal shots! That was the plan!

Unfortunately, when I got to the VFW and started to put my camera together, the lens that I thought was the 24-105 turned out to be my Canon 135mm f2 (Prime). I had just glanced in my small Targus bag at the house and saw this lens in there, but mistook it for the 24-105. Mind you, it's a great lens, but definitely not the right "single lens" to have at a venue where you are trying to get shots of groups or even individual shots that show more than an extreme closeup the person's head! I found myself standing half way across the room just to get decent individual shots of the folks at our table (which of course rendered the flash useless!

D'oh! Lesson learned!

Last edited:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've resolved to keep at it with British cars,& attending some meets this year -
at least these will be easy to keep!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ever had one of those "Ah Sh** moments?" I had one last night.

Ok, for my New Year's resolution, I resolve too check more closely what gear I'm taking with me when I leave to an event. New Years Eve we had a nice dinner/ dance at our Veterans of Foreign Wars post (in Albuquerque, 30 miles from my house). We were going to be at a table with 3 or 4 other couples so I wanted to take my Canon 6D but just just wanted to take one lens that would be flexible enough for a variety of shots (also had my Speedlite with a defuser). The lens I decided to take was my Canon 24-105mm f4L lens. I figured that would be good enough for wide group shots and some more close up personal shots! That was the plan!

Unfortunately, when I got to the VFW and started to put my camera together, the lens that I thought was the 24-105 turned out to be my Canon 135mm f2 (Prime). I had just glanced in my small Targus bag at the house and saw this lens in there, but mistook it for the 24-105. Mind you, it's a great lens, but definitely not the right "single lens" to have at a venue where you are trying to get shots of groups or even individual shots that show more than an extreme closeup the person's head! I found myself standing half way across the room just to get decent individual shots of the folks at our table (which of course rendered the flash useless!

D'oh! Lesson learned!
You need to focus more on what you are doing.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I've resolved to keep at it with British cars,& attending some meets this year -
at least these will be easy to keep!

Maybe :grin:

finish car pie chart.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I hope to be able to view the Christmas lights from my TR3 in 2018.

Got about 360 days to get it done.

David

catfood

Jedi Knight
I hope to get the Healey finished in time for the Goodwood Revival.

Not decided which year yet!

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
May your life be long, happy and in good health. As an aside, no one I've owed money to has ever died. I would be happy to send you a deposit slip. :thirsty: