• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My new slot car layout

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Last January I started the task of replacing my slot car layout from our old house. I had to wait until I could get permits to have the basement remodeled, and to get those permits, I had to get the development's Architectural Board approve an egress window. Since we only own a few feet around the house, and rest is community land, and since an egress had never been approved here before, that took me more time than I expected. But I now have a new four-lane HO scale layout plus I was able to keep a bit of the old city section which I had just started before we decided to move, so that was added as well. I got the track running again, added a trolley that will run between the city and amusement park that is in the racing section, and now I have started to landscape the new Brooklands Speedway. Progress has been slow as we traveled a bit this year, and in the summer, I spend less time in the basement, but I expect more progress to happen now that the cold is keeping me indoors more. You can see some of the progress on the new layout at https://www.reesed.com/NewBrooklands/NewBrooklands.html. Structures keep moving a bit as scenery is being added, and as I find where I have hidden some of the stuff in boxes, more will make it to the layout. But progress here will keep me out of trouble if I do not bump my head too often when crawling around underneath the track working on the wiring of the features.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <mouth still hanging open>

65_BRG_Sprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You were lucky to find an asphault plant open in December in order to pave so late in the year!
Seriously- you've put a lot of thought into that; wonderful.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
WOW, Dave that's great! The only similarity between your basement and mine is the florescent light with the magnifying lens :fat::fat:.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Can I come over and play? I was into slot cars back in the day when the used to have slot car tracks set us in our area that you could pay to use. But when those went away, I lost interest as didn't have any way to set up my own track.

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Can I come over and play? I was into slot cars back in the day when the used to have slot car tracks set us in our area that you could pay to use. But when those went away, I lost interest as didn't have any way to set up my own track.

Let me know when you want to come over to play. I have a few cars and controllers all ready for drop-ins.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
When I finally retire, I want to build an upper moulding type train through out the great rooms in the house. Your track project is a work of art. Incredible

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
When I finally retire, I want to build an upper moulding type train through out the great rooms in the house. Your track project is a work of art. Incredible

Changing the subject slightly - where are you at with the Sprite?

Country flag
Dave, will your trolley be red, with a whistle, and take us to see King Friday, Lady Elaine Fairchilde, Daniel Stripèd Tiger and Queen Sara Saturday, to name a few? :smile:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Will the layout include an "Old Lady's House?"

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Grand Tour. One of the features on their test track.

Country flag
The trolley I have right now is burgundy, but it has no whistle. Years ago, Dr. Platypus was the pastor of our church here in Allentown. He even played his bagpipes in the church once and a while.

My reference was to that Pittsburgh neighborhood where Mr. Rogers lived. :smile: