• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stay Warm ya'll

Country flag
20 degrees below normal here in SW Ohio this week. Made all the more fun by the blower quitting on the furnace the other night. Didn't get really cold inside but I was blanket wrapped while waiting for the part to come in. 18yo furnace meant not everything needed was in stock. But fixed and back to normal now..

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When I went to the gym this morning in shorts it was 13 degrees F (-11C). It is supposed to get colder on New Years Eve.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's supposed to be single digits on New Years Eve. I read that the pickpockets in Times Square were calling in sick.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
They actually just cancelled the New Year's eve celebrations on Parliament Hill - Ottawa was the coldest capital city on the planet yesterday (about as cold as the surface of Mars!)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
They actually just cancelled the New Year's eve celebrations on Parliament Hill - Ottawa was the coldest capital city on the planet yesterday (about as cold as the surface of Mars!)

So did you have to wear long pants today? :cool-new:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Been in the teens at night, 20s during the day here in D.C.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
9F this am in SW CT but much colder upstate in the Litchfield Hills: -5. Friend's son has a house in Waitsfield, VT. 25 below this am. I think it was colder than Fairbanks, AK. What makes it worse, its windy, making the wind chill below zero. I took a (short) birdwalk this afternoon with my daughter at Greenwich Point and it was obnoxious. At my age, I have a little trouble breathing when its so cold. Only good birds we saw was a female Northern Harrier (formerly Marsh Hawk) and 3 Great Cormorants, a northern species that comes down here most winters.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So did you have to wear long pants today? :cool-new:

shoot no, we haven't even turned on the heat - but in fairness we did close the windows. :grin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's the current temp.
Note to doc: Turn your eyes away.

IMG_2960.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
7F here this morning, just a wee bit chilly! I love this weather, reminds me SPRING is just around the corner!

OOPs! Just checked the temp on another thermometer, it's 3 degrees! High today is 19. Kinda rare for it to get that low here, actually it's setting records. Must be global warming. :devilgrin:

Wind chill, -10F, Calling for snow tomorrow.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Same here Paul... 3 degrees F that's -16C

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We were a balmy 5ΒΊ F here in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley. But we only have about an inch of white on the ground. Luckily our 13 year old grand dog Yorkies headed home to New Mexico yesterday morning. They did not like the cold at all, although it is only 10ΒΊ currently at their home in Clovis.