• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Signature photos

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How come the signature photos only show a link not a picture? Is it just my computer? PJ

FIXED! :applause:

Last edited:

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
It's you. Has this been this way for several sessions? Not very technical but sometimes a re-boot resolves an image loading issue (better than hitting the computer).

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I see your signature image just fine. If re-boot doesn't fix, try clearing cookies in your browser and re-login.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks guys, it's working!! :encouragement:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Not working again, not showing my "Support Our Troops" picture, only a link. Never acted this way before, just recently. ???

Really odd, I've tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Comoto Dragon browsers and the picture will not come up unless I hit the link, then it pops up in a separate window. I've deleted it, rebooted, reinserted it and no change. How can I delete the cookies just for this site and re-register, not for the whole computer? PJ

Last edited:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Strange Paul. It looks just fine for me.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Glad to know that it's visible to others. It is a strange situation on my end though, mind boggling, but I'll figure it out, just for the satisfaction of it. PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just checked my 3 computers and the same thing is happening in all 3, only on this site! ????? Might be this version of Windows after the scheduled updates. Going to check the Linux box next. PJ

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
How can I delete the cookies just for this site and re-register, not for the whole computer? PJ

why not just delete the cookies? you can do it with CCleaner - or just the programs themselves - and typically can specify only cookies (not passwords)

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, it's doing it on my Linux machine, image won't show, so I deleted the whole works and will start over later. I deleted the cookies, no change. It's not a Windows issue, it does it on my Linux machine also, it's not a computer issue, 3, now 4 computers can't be wrong. The image was off a Photobucket site, checked it and it still loads. Tried a random image and all it does is display the link on all computers, no picture. Don't know how my server could have anything to do with this, or my WiFi. Now remember, it's only on this site that the issue is present. I'm on other sites and everything is cool, no issues. I have one more check, I'm going to hard wire one of these machines to the net and see if it works, which I doubt. :rolleyes2: PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
John, I cleared everything out of my signature box until I figure out what the problem is. It is not displaying on any of my computers, Windows and Linux, even though others say they could see it. I'll put it back up soon as get it sorted out. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Might try uploading it fresh again in your signature to see what happens (or did yo already try that?)

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
OK, got it fixed! In forum actions under thread display options the check box was unchecked. I never touched this, in fact, I can't remember ever being in this section, so something unchecked the box and created this confusion. Brain teaser for sure. I'm happy now. :encouragement: PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Blame those dratted Christmas lights, Paul. Mebbe this happened after Basil removed 'em? :wink:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Blame those dratted Christmas lights, Paul. Mebbe this happened after Basil removed 'em? :wink:

Sure had me confused Doc, seeing that nothing ever goes haywire on these computers. :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sure had me confused Doc, seeing that nothing ever goes haywire on these computers. :devilgrin:

Riiight. That your Linux box had the same issue pointed to something other than your 'local' setup. Glad you worked it out! :thumbsup:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well when the same thing happened in the Linux machine, I figured it had to be something on the site. A nice thing about Linux, not much influence from Bill Gates and his elves! :highly_amused: