Thread: My 1959 TR3 Endeavor

Freshman Member
    Chats

My 1959 TR3 Endeavor

COMM NO 46434LO
    TYPE 20 TR3
    I have been notified by the owner of the vehicle about modifications to the power plant and found out that the cam was changed by the first owner and we have no information as to the size of the installed cam. I have been told that it is an oversized race cam but duration and lobe size are unknown.
    I installed a battery and pushed the start button and to my surprise the motor rotated with no hesitation, I then took a piece of fuel line and connected it to the inlet on the fuel pump and the other end was hooked to a fresh fuel source, to my surprise the beast came alive. A great start for me. I let it run for 5 min with no drop in oil pressure nor over heating and no visible leaks.
    Great beginning!

Chats

Re: My 1959 TR3 Endeavor

Welcome to the forum.
    Bob Hustead

Chats

Great news, Johnny!

I noticed in your introduction that you've experience with restoration, but not with British cars. No big differences, really, but this may be of some use to you. It was put together by one of our own who regrettably has passed on - Tony Barnhill. It's specific to MGB's, but applicable to any marque. Hope this helps:

http://tidentenn.com/pdf/AWAKENING%2...0CHECKLIST.pdf

Mickey
    "24 hours a day; 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not." (H.L. Mencken)

Mickey Richaud
    '73 MGB, '69 MGB GT/V6, Victor TF
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Chats

Welcome to BCF & Triumphs.

Our TR3As were built about the same time (April 1959) and just before a lot of changes that came in at TS50000 (closer than it sounds as they skipped almost 2000 numbers to make the changes coincide with a round figure of 50000).

I am always amazed how willingly these engine start up even after sitting for years or decades.

BTW (pedantic I may be but...) if your car is named for Lt Cook's ship, the space shuttle or that TV detective -- they are all spelled Endeavour.

Freshman Member
    Chats

Sorry gents, I had to take a break from working on this little beauty due to a health issue but I am going to return to my favorite project come this weekend. I have fallen in love with a car from Britain and she is all I thought about while I was in a hospital bed. I had the owner visit me, she brought all the service manuals that she has for the car and I am better informed on how the components work together and are assembled. This is going to be a grand adventure and the results will be shocking. BTW: the term "endeavor" is not the name of the car, it is a term to describe the adventure that this "Yank" has been given the opportunity to experience. lol I will take some pic's of the project this weekend and try to post them next week when I return home to my PC.

Chats

Best Wishes for a Triumphant recovery.

Jedi Knight
    Chats

Hmm, my post disappeared.
    Welcome to the forum and the fun with a TR3. Mine was built in April 1959, and rebuilt from 2003 thru 2013.

I hope you and the TR3 are feeling better soon.
    59 TR3A "Butter"