• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Psst, wanna buy some spare parts?

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I just went to a shop closing this weekend. Did not expect to find any Healey parts as he worked mostly on MGB, but found a set of HD6 carbs. Good deal, just needs slanted float bowls that I have somewhere. Fun to look at someones shop and see what they saved through the years.

OP
L

Lambdaman

One would need to be young and brave to take that deal on and make money imho.
At asking price one would hope at retail, value would be approx $750,000, that a lot of wheeling dealing, phone calls, listing and posting, cost of storage, hard work.
No doubt there is some gold in there such as shrouds, panels etc but a lot of dross that is readily available on eBay for reasonable prices that you would have to compete with to turn a dollar.
But in twenty years time will probably be looking back thinking, what a deal!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Lawton, IA, is where the Healey Werks is. Half a day's drive from me. The first time I visited, probably around 2000 or so, they were a small shop doing mostly Healey restorations. The owner inherited the Healey parts and business from his dad. I came up to buy a few old Healey bits, and Craig, the owner, was accommodating, but I believe he was more interested in attending to his restorations. The parts stash is off site from the resto shop. It is not just crap, there are a lot of useful bits, I got so NLS parts for my 100 including a good used original shift knob.

Fast forward about ten years and the shop has expanded, a few Healey's, but lots of other vintage cars, many higher end, under restoration. I would guess he is just selling of a less profitable side of a large business venture, but that is just a guess.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Kind of like buying yourself a really, really, big Lego set for Christmas? Doug

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
PC wanna buy Craftsman tools? Restoration & Tools 5
JPSmit When I grow up I wanna be a Big Healey Spridgets 5
H TR2/3/3A Any TR3 enthusiasts near MONTREAL wanna help Triumph 3
B Wanna trade? Triumph 0
G Which way to point a "Wanna-be"? Triumph 15
Steve Wanna buy a racecar? Racing 8
sail Test Drive I Don't Wanna Mess it Up Triumph 4
2wrench Painted the underside of my hood today. Wanna C? Triumph 19
Trevor Jessie You know ya wanna Spridgets 4
T Wedge Wanna go fast? sweet CL TR8 Triumph 3
GB1 Wanna see my midget Spridgets 9
tony barnhill Anybody Wanna Guess? Other Cars 23
AUSMHLY Wanna chuckle, read this Austin Healey 8
B I wanna make lots of money Triumph 7
Johnny "Wanna Swap Cars" Austin Healey 13
X Wanna join a Mini Club? British Motor Corp 0
B Looking to buy Toyota Avensis T25, any thoughts and advice? Other Cars 1
tr6nitjulius TR6 Why buy a TR6? Triumph 1
R Wanted Want to Buy DVD Austin Healey Classifieds 0
S TR6 Should I Buy This "73 Triumph TR6" Triumph 3
B Windshield glass, where to buy Restoration & Tools 4
mctriumph TR2/3/3A Had to buy it Triumph 7
roscoe People buy the darndest things.... Austin Healey 2
K TR2/3/3A Isit possible to buy a single left hand thread tie rod end? Triumph 5
CharlesBN1 Wanted wanted to buy - sidescreen trim/strips for early BN1 Austin Healey Classifieds 5
T TR2/3/3A Is it possible to buy stronger springs for turn signal lever in control head? Triumph 14
JPSmit Hagerty Prediction - Cars to buy now [before they get expensive] Spridgets 1
F Dynamo not charging [BT7] - replace brushes or buy new? Austin Healey 24
J Wanted Re: WANTED TO BUY: TRIUMPH TR3 ASH TRAY PULL KNOB Triumph Classifieds 1
D TR2/3/3A Recondition old wire wheels or buy new? Triumph 10
M TR4/4A Where to buy a new crown wheel & pinion for TR4A Triumph 5
P Wanted WANTED To Buy a TR4 or TR250 Triumph Classifieds 3
N Wanted Speedometer or dial Km/h for BT7 Mk II - buy or trade for MPH Austin Healey Classifieds 0
steveg Headers to buy - DW or AHspares? Austin Healey 5
55modified TR2/3/3A warning indicator bulbs need replacing where and what to buy? Triumph 4
M Advice of Bugeye buy and use Spridgets 90
maxwedge5281 Wanted want to buy! one bolt on 3000 wheel! Austin Healey Classifieds 2
Csarneson Rear Springs - Aftermarket or buy an old used pair Austin Healey 10
M TR4/4A Where to buy this aluminium extrusion? Triumph 7
dougie Someone buy this..... Austin Healey 4
S Is it a bad idea to buy a higher pressure radiator cap? Austin Healey 47
Randy Forbes Good time to buy some Healey parts from the UK... Austin Healey 18
vette Any Suggestions As to Where to Buy a New BJ7 Gasoline Tank? Austin Healey 24
M TR6 To buy or not to buy Triumph 18
longbridgehealey When did you buy your first LBC, and what was it? Spridgets 46
M TR6 Should I buy a TR6? Triumph 24
A Looking into to buy a Austin Healey 3000 Austin Healey 5
G TR4/4A Radiator...repairable or cheaper to buy new one? Triumph 10
M TR4/4A Crash pads for TR4 dash.....best place to buy? Triumph 7
D Don't buy top plate shims for bishop cam steering from Moss Restoration & Tools 5