• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is Wrong With People?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
While driving South on I81,about an hour North of Roanoke,
I was behind a semi,who was passing another semi,slowly.
Up behind me comes a White,newer crew cab 4WD Ford F150,
that proceeded to ride my rear bumper.I had nowhere to go,& would have
pulled over,when I had a chance.
The driver then comes up on my right,& proceeds to come into my
lane,not backing off.I finally drove partially on the shoulder of the road,& then
backed off.
My Wife took a picture of the truck,including the plate,& then called 911.
We never saw them pulled over,or got a call back from the State Patrol.
On the way to Richmond,the day before,I had another driver,who,after
being blocked in the fast lane,proceeded to pass us on the right shoulder.
I'm just so sick of these jerks,both of whom could have caused a horrible
accident.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
While driving South on I81,about an hour North of Roanoke,
I was behind a semi,who was passing another semi,slowly.
Up behind me comes a White,newer crew cab 4WD Ford F150,
that proceeded to ride my rear bumper.I had nowhere to go,& would have
pulled over,when I had a chance.
The driver then comes up on my right,& proceeds to come into my
lane,not backing off.I finally drove partially on the shoulder of the road,& then
backed off.
My Wife took a picture of the truck,including the plate,& then called 911.
We never saw them pulled over,or got a call back from the State Patrol.
On the way to Richmond,the day before,I had another driver,who,after
being blocked in the fast lane,proceeded to pass us on the right shoulder.
I'm just so sick of these jerks,both of whom could have caused a horrible
accident.

I have encounters like that regularly here in New Mexico. I chalk it up to Drivers' licenses being too danged easy to obtain!

Country flag
We need to find the guy who insists on regularly opening new cans of idiots.. I got passed the other day by a guy horn blaring, who "saluted" me as well when I stopped for a stop sign in a residential neighborhood. Apparently he didn't see the need to stop himself, or worry about the 25mph limit.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Basil said:
I have encounters like that regularly here in New Mexico. I chalk it up to Drivers' licenses being too danged easy to obtain!

I'll call it NASCAR mentality. Came back to th' hovel from Miami yesterday, driving Diesela. Speed limit of 70MPH, I-595 to I-95 north. High traffic volume the whole way and few were going under 75MPH. I felt like a traffic cone while doing 75~80. Plenty of those NASCAR wannabees weaving in and out of three lanes of traffic. Watched some bozo in a beater Ford pickup pass me as his right rear tire flapped, I moved as far right as possible as the tire came apart, the whole tread came off in one piece and I had to run over it and
through smaller "shrapnel" as he ran off to the left on the rim. Idiot was doing at least 80 at the time, likely higher. My mirror was full of others diving through and around the mess. The rear window of his truck had a large graphic: "Atomic Audio". Shoulda been Atomic Moron.

On another note, Diesela's odo ticked over to 100,000 miles at the end of Alligator Alley. This is her second clock, first one had 150K-ish. She's now officially in the Quarter-million Mile Club!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<snip>

On another note, Diesela's odo ticked over to 100,000 miles at the end of Alligator Alley. This is her second clock, first one had 150K-ish. She's now officially in the Quarter-million Mile Club!

My 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe is sitting at 257k on the ODO. Still going strong. Did replace the tranny at about 250k and recently renewed all ball joints, tie rods and sway bar links. Still looks good inside and out too, so no complaints.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Virginia drivers are the worst, rude and distracted driving like its an occupation. Christmas eve, no kidding, norfolk, an angry santa driving likeva ****** off teenager. Swervingin and out of traffic at high rate of speed, even for me. Perfect looking old santa in a suit. Pulled up next to him, stopping traffic behind me to get pics of him since he was such a retard. Total bad santa.

dklawson

Yoda
Clearly the problem is not secluded to one area. I take secondary roads to work to avoid the bulk of bad drivers. Even so, the local road leaving my neighborhood is 45 MPH and no-passing anywhere and I still get passed (at 7:00 a.m.). Apparently the people don't think I am driving fast enough and that no-passing doesn't apply to them.

Does anyone remember the old Disney docu-cartoon with Donald Duck turning into a poster child for what we now call road rage?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
W.C. Fields, 1932. "If I Had a Million".

When he lucks into a fortune, he buys every car in a used car lot. Uses them to run bad drivers off the roads.

(Actually a pretty good movie, with several other stories woven in.)

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Seems to be a common problem on 2 lane interstates. You get boxed in behind an 18 wheeler by another 18 wheeler that is overtaking slowly and by slowly I mean they are doing a couple of MPH more than you. All of you are doing 10 over the limit when some jack*** comes up behind you and flashes his lights and lays on the horn. Then 30 seconds later they are on your right side giving you a hand gesture to indicate their IQ as they pass in the emergency lane.

Then there is the ones that are in the left lane with a book or newspaper open on the steering wheel as the barrel down the Interstate. Don't know about you but driving takes up a high percentage of my attention and does not leave enough to read as well.
Seen this multiple times.

David

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
It is a national problem.
Distracted drivers with little self control.
People do things in cars they would never dare to do with a cart in a grocery store. Cutting in line etc.

David

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I’m waving my hand. Ask me, ask me please. Finally I can give a definitive answer. ALL ABOUT ME!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It is a national problem.
Distracted drivers with little self control.
People do things in cars they would never dare to do with a cart in a grocery store. Cutting in line etc.

David

Well, speaking of grocery stores - what is it with people who are too danged lazy to return their carts to the proper cart return place? So may people just leave their cart right in the parking space next to their car! It's just plain laziness! Also, I'm always amazed how much trash I see as I walk from my car to the store. I will usually bend down and pick up trash as I'm walking to the store because there is usually a trash barrel at the entrance. Just the other day, I saw where some pig had emptied their ash tray onto the parking lot at Smith's. What kind of filthy pig does that? I was a smoker for many years (quit 27 years ago) and I NEVER would dream of tossing my butts anywhere outside, let alone empty an entire ash tray!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We get that along the alley that goes to our apartment complex.
People seem to think that it's OK to throw their trash there,even though there's
TWO garbage bins that they can use (for free).
The other day,after driving in & out of here,I decided that I'd had enough,
& put on rubber gloves,& cleaned up the mess.

Also,I've noticed that the idiots who can't/won't return shopping carts to the store
are the worst,when their vehicle gets hit by a loose one.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yes there are too many lazy slobs everywhere it seems.

dklawson

Yoda
Well, speaking of grocery stores - what is it with people who are too danged lazy to return their carts to the proper cart return place?

About five years ago the first Aldi grocery store opened in our area. If you are not familiar with them, you don't get a shopping cart without giving them a $0.25 deposit. When you are done shopping, you return the cart and get your quarter back. After five years their carts are still almost like new. There are almost never any carts left in the parking lot.

When I first heard that it cost to get a shopping cart I was offended. When I realized it was only a deposit and saw how that tiny incentive made people take care of the carts I thought the deposit was a great idea. It's too bad a similar incentive system hasn't been found to get people to drive with respect.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
About five years ago the first Aldi grocery store opened in our area. If you are not familiar with them, you don't get a shopping cart without giving them a $0.25 deposit. When you are done shopping, you return the cart and get your quarter back. After five years their carts are still almost like new. There are almost never any carts left in the parking lot.

When I first heard that it cost to get a shopping cart I was offended. When I realized it was only a deposit and saw how that tiny incentive made people take care of the carts I thought the deposit was a great idea. It's too bad a similar incentive system hasn't been found to get people to drive with respect.

I once saw a good incentive in the form of a bumper sticker: "If you're close enough to read this, I'll kill you" (I saw it in a parking lot - I wasn't tailgating - honest!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I used your method "back in the day" Bob. But in these days of ROAD RAGE that can get you shot.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We have a very big DWI problem in New Mexico. What is frustrating is they never really do anything to people who are caught DWI. I can't tell you how many stories I've seen of people on their 7th or 8th DWI conviction and they are still out of jail and still driving!

Just last night I got a news flash pop-up on my iPhone from one of my local News Apps that said "Wyoming at Montgomery closed due to fatal accident". I called my son right away since that's close to the area he and his wife work and it was about the time for them to be driving home. Fortunately he was ok, but some unfortunate soul is now deceased due to another DWI!

https://koat.com/article/father-dri...ses-fatal-crash-possible-dwi/14521368?src=app