• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

White Xmas

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Woke up this morning to find heavy snow falling. May mix with rain or ??? later. Not good news. We're expecting the family over for brunch - finnan haddie - a family tradition for many years. And I mean many. At any rate, best wishes to all for a happy holiday season and a healthy and rewarding New Year. May all our cars keep running, may the price of parts not go out of sight and may the weather cooperate every time we wheel these things out of the garage.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Probably 6 plus inches here last night - started as we went to church - and continued all night. The world is gorgeous and fluffy and white - haven't shovelled yet though the plow has been by.

Merry Christmas all and have a blessed season!

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Just a dusting here. It didn’t seem to bother Rudolph, Santa and the Spit Sleigh. Merry Christmas. 053BD5CF-52E4-4D6B-9813-9F64E68E3737.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I can "OOOH" and "AHHH" at all the photos of that white stuff, but then I gotta walk outdoors and soak up some of the Florida sun's BTU's, just to make memories of shoveling and driving in the stuff melt away.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Not even a dusting here, but it's certainly cold enough. I'm just sitting here watch8ing the news waiting for the rest of the family to wake up so we can open presents.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
We've had 3" the last 2 days, first white Christmas in 7 years. Last year we had 3.2" the whole season.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Dodged a bullet. Only got about an inch and beginning to disappear. It's very windy though - 25-30 mph and 33F. making a fire - in the fireplace, of course. Enjoy your Xmas. I hope Santa was good to you. He brought me zilch.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Here too... where there is normally a mere 2% of it happening.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Aah, finnan haddie, smoked haddock baked in a cream sauce, my late mother served it for breakfast every Christmas. Thanks Mom!... Her folks hailed from Stromness in the Orkney Islands. Vikings! :scared:

Last edited:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Drove to Richmond & back - NO snow,& the sun was out,
but was pretty cold outside.
Stopped by & visited with the guys at Moss Motors today,
in Petersburg,VA.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Probably 6 plus inches here last night - started as we went to church - and continued all night. The world is gorgeous and fluffy and white - haven't shovelled yet though the plow has been by.

Merry Christmas all and have a blessed season!

this was the backyard - preparing for Christmas dinner yesterday:

xmas 1.jpg

xmas 2.jpg

No snow today - though sitting in the hot tub was awesome! sun so bright you almost needed sun glasses

went to my sister's today and was 1 deg F as we left to come home - brrr!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
this was the backyard - preparing for Christmas dinner yesterday:

View attachment 51784

View attachment 51785

No snow today - though sitting in the hot tub was awesome! sun so bright you almost needed sun glasses

went to my sister's today and was 1 deg F as we left to come home - brrr!

Wow - never even heard about the Toronto earthquake. Tough to keep those bottles in the snow when the table has been thrown sideways. How'd you keep the water in your hot tub?

:angel:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sheesh, what a tough crowd, it has to do with crossing the border and the pics being translated from metric to American - and of course it doesn't help that NAFTA is currently up in the air, not to mention a different Canadian perspective on everything. :grin: and $%^* iphones.

:cheers:

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Golly, whinecha jess tip yer consine camery sideaways fer startz? Sure wood save a heepa jawin bout it, sheesh! :rolleye: ...FORINERS! :thirsty:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Golly, whinecha jess tip yer consine camery sideaways fer startz? Sure wood save a heepa jawin bout it, sheesh! :rolleye: ...FORINERS! :thirsty:

I'm speechless. :grin:

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
We had a big dump on the 19th here in Calgary, since then just some scattered snow, but lots of very cold weather! Christmas Day we had -29 Celcius in the evening, with a cold snap now going up to New Year's Eve, depending on which forecast it could be -25 on New Year's Eve, I might just stay home... I usually enjoy the civic celebration, camera in hand... If it's that cold I'm thinking twice...

Plus I'm working in a cold industrial shop all week as well, kind of depressing to me, a cold snap at the wrong time... I've taken hardly any photos in the last two weeks, also depressing to me...

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Wouldn’t mind having some snow. No more than 6 inches would be nice.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wouldn’t mind having some snow. No more than 6 inches would be nice.

None in the forecast for the next week. This has been an unusually light snow season. Last year we had it pretty early as I recall. Oh well, I have my snow blower sitting at the front of the garage ready to go!