• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Steven Johnson 1967 TR4A Surrey Top

stevenjohnson7

Freshman Member
#1 ALL THANKSGIVING 2017 NEW 4x6 .jpgI'm Steve Johnson. I bought my first Triumph in 1973. It was a TR4A that we ended up restoring for my son Jeff while he was in High School. Jeff was and is an industrious young man who learned quickly and loved Triumphs.

In 1982 while we were still working on Jeff's Triumph, I bought a 1967 TR4A which I drove to work daily until I retired in 2005. I just finished a complete frame off on the TR4A and have it purring down the road. It warms my heart every time I look at it. This TR4A is all original (parts have been replaced with original types too) including the Surrey Top.

Additionally, I've enjoyed a 1976 TR6 that was all original including paint, interior, hardtop, soft top, and redline tires. The TR6 looked as good under the bonnet and underneath as it did on the outside. It won trophy after trophy including the VTR Nationals in 2013. After a year of pestering from a wonderful long distance friend in Jackson Mississippi who had seen a picture of the TR6 after the 2013 Nationals , I finally sold it to him.

Then there's my stock 1959 TR3A. It had sat for over 25 years in a garage without a cover. But, had very good structure, and had been painted a few months before the original owner passed away. The paint was in fairly good shape as well as the interior. I had a parts car that came in very handy as I built this one. A few months ago, our son Jeff called (he's owned the 1966 TR4A in High School) and said "dad would you help me buy another TR". Before I could say anything, his mother said "Jeff, no problem.... take the TR3A". It shipped to Atlanta within days and he is back in a Triumph again.

I'll have the 1967 TR4A until the Lord comes after me. I do have a 1957 TR3 that I'm itching to work on..... but, my charming wife has other plans for my time. Oh well, such is the life of a Triumph owner.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve

Steve Johnson
Hill Country Triumph Club
Austin, TX 78750

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF Steve! That's a great picture of your TR4A! We have a multitude of TR owners here so you should fit right in!

Basil