• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New to British Classics

apcaputo

Freshman Member
Finished my first restoration of a British Coup (76 MG Midget), only worked with American mussel till now. Midget was two years in restoration and still a work in progress. Lots to lean about British auto engineeeri especially Lucas. I any case made good progress now doing the small touches. Love driving this classic coupe here on Cape Cod crusing the beach and back roads. Now figuring how to increase performance!

imagejpeg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF apcaputo! You've come to the right place.

Just so it's not a surprise, the "small touches" virtually never end, but that's part of the experience.

I'm sure you'll find lots of good suggestions for increasing your Midget's performance over on the BCF's "Spridgets" forum.

Good luck.

dklawson

Yoda
Welcome.

Don't be mislead by "friends" who mislead you with stories of how bad Lucas electrics are. Chances are they have never worked with them and are only repeating hearsay. If I had to summarize the biggest issue with Lucas wiring in one sentences I would say "Keep all the connections clean and tight and your car will be fine". Corrosion is the problem, cleaning and dielectric grease are your friend. For high current circuits like headlights and the horn, add relays. Don't forget to hunt down and fix poor repair jobs by previous owners.

Again, welcome... and do post pictures!