• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My First TR6!!!

Wadahoot

Freshman Member
Hi Gang....

I have recently purchased my first TR6. It is a 1974 rust free gem with a super solid frame. I bought it from an elderly Englishman who was moving back across the pond. He was the second owner and looked after the car well.

I am not new to "toys". I have been building Hot Rods ('30's Fords) for years and it was time to buy the car that I have wanted since the seventies. I remember playing in my driveway as a kid and when a TR6 went buy I stopped what I was doing, drop whatever I was playing with and stared til it drove out of site.

My wife (AKA The War Department) was patient with the cars I built but they became progressively louder and less functional. Now, we can't wait to get out in the "6" in the spring, yes, we have snow already.

I just bought some bits to improve the car a bit, poly bushings etc....

Can't wait to get going!!!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Wada - welcome to the asylum!

" ... and it was time to buy the car that I have wanted since the seventies."

Sounds like me, altho' in my case it was an MGTD. Only took me 50 years to have the time and resources to accomplish the goal.

Had to chuckle when you wrote " they became progressively louder and less functional" . My neighbor's cars fit that description for sure. Vroom vroom vroom but never off the jack stands.

How 'bout showing us your TR6? You can attach a small photo by clicking the square icon in the reply window, second from right. Or just link to a photo you've already got on a photo sharing website like Flickr, Google Photos, etc.

Tom M.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF wada! You've come to the right place.

Sounds like you've got a great Triumph there, but now your problem will be waiting for spring driving weather. Meantime you can detail the heck out of it, I guess.

OP
Wadahoot

Wadahoot

Freshman Member
Hi NutmegCT, thanks for the "Welcome"....Here are a few pics. tr6.jpgTR6.1.jpgTR6.4.jpgTR6.2.jpg

OP
Wadahoot

Wadahoot

Freshman Member
Runs very well. Steers straight and everything works. Squats a bit. I ordered new rear springs (not stiffer, just stock spring rate) and poly swing arm bushings. Hopefully that helps. Also new trim rings, wheel nuts and the correct center hubs (silver, not black like they are now). I just installed new inertia seat belts too. Bolts came out like the car was built a week ago. So far so good....