Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

  1. #1
    Member rr64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    southwest Montana
    Posts
    26
    Chats
    0

    Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Wanted To Buy: Hello I am trying to find out if there is a commercial reproduction of this style water slide decal for Shelley brand automotive jacks.

    web size.jpg

    Thanks for looking. Dan

  2. #2
    Jedi Trainee
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rochester N.H. 03867
    Posts
    210
    Chats
    1

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Dan, I think you can go to a sign maker and have them do a reproduction. I did that for several stickers on my Rover 2000 TC. As I remember it didn't cost more than 5-6 dollars.
    1935 Horch 1961 Sunbeam Harrington
    1969 MGC 1979 Triumph Spitfire (Sabrina)
    1968 Austin 3 Litre
    2004 Jaguar X-Type
    1967 Rover 2000 TC

  3. #3
    Member rr64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    southwest Montana
    Posts
    26
    Chats
    0

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I haven't found anybody with a complete decal to see what all is included in the text yet. Dan

  4. #4

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Quote Originally Posted by rr64 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I haven't found anybody with a complete decal to see what all is included in the text yet. Dan
    Based on this Shelley decal http://mhartman.net/files/sunbeam/Su...ary%202011.pdf, do you think the writing may be "Made in England"? The bottom lettering certainly looks like England, hard to make out whether the top words would be "Made in" from the picture.


    Rick

  5. #5
    Member rr64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    southwest Montana
    Posts
    26
    Chats
    0

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Quote Originally Posted by HealeyRick View Post
    Based on this Shelley decal http://mhartman.net/files/sunbeam/Su...ary%202011.pdf, do you think the writing may be "Made in England"? The bottom lettering certainly looks like England, hard to make out whether the top words would be "Made in" from the picture.
    I haven't found a picture of intact decal. Looking at remains of several it might just have three words in the red, gold, and black oval decal, might be:

    BIRMINGHAM
    SHELLEY
    ENGLAND

    There is a Shelley 7DL model for sale on ebay® USA currently with remains of one of the oval decals shown in a picture.

  6. #6

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Quote Originally Posted by rr64 View Post
    I haven't found a picture of intact decal. Looking at remains of several it might just have three words in the red, gold, and black oval decal, might be:

    BIRMINGHAM
    SHELLEY
    ENGLAND

    There is a Shelley 7DL model for sale on ebay® USA currently with remains of one of the oval decals shown in a picture.
    Looking at the eBay jack and considering Shelley was based in Birmingham, I think it's safe to say that's what is on the top of the decal:



    Contact David Townsend at sportscarart.com for help in reproducing the decal.


    Rick

  7. #7
    Member rr64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    southwest Montana
    Posts
    26
    Chats
    0

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Quote Originally Posted by HealeyRick View Post
    Looking at the eBay jack and considering Shelley was based in Birmingham, I think it's safe to say that's what is on the top of the decal:Contact David Townsend at sportscarart.com for help in reproducing the decal.
    Thanks for the lead, I was hoping that reproductions were already a commercial product.
    Dan

  8. #8
    Member rr64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    southwest Montana
    Posts
    26
    Chats
    0

    Re: Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

    Yesterday a friend found what appears to be a new old stock jack.

    SHELLEY decal 2018 S. Juliano.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •