• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hooda thunk it

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Not that we haven't been talking about this ...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/11/16761016/former-facebook-exec-ripping-apart-society

"No civil discourse, no cooperation; misinformation, mistruth." β€œI think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works.”

Gee, I wonder what he's talking about!

And therein lies the precise reason I establish certain rules of decorum for BCF - rules which keep everyone (usually) playing nice regardless of politics, religion, ideology, race, creed, sex, or how much belly button lint they have accumulated!

Last edited:

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I've been collecting belly button lint for about three decades, I was about to weigh it and post a picture. I may do it anyway, I haven't been "moderated" in years, I feel so lonely, I want attention.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I've been collecting belly button lint for about three decades, I was about to weigh it and post a picture. I may do it anyway, I haven't been "moderated" in years, I feel so lonely, I want attention.

2016_Warehouse-Belly-Button-Lint-001-2-1024x683.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That stuff and pocket lint will become valuable commodities soon!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That stuff and pocket lint will become valuable commodities soon!
It already is... I've been saving my belly button lint for 40 years and just had it made into a pillow.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I had to google "My Pillow."

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
This is one of the best examples of "thread creep" in recent history!

Digital devices -> forum rules -> belly button lint -> My Pillow

Always good to let your mind wander. Unfortunately, mine never came back.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
I seen it comin and hung back. Ya musta stayed to close to the flame! A true social media gut check...er... navel check. :crazy:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I seen it comin and hung back. Ya musta stayed to close to the flame! A true social media gut check...er... navel check. :crazy:

Ah yes, Naval gazing!

800px-Fleet_5_nations.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This is one of the best examples of "thread creep" in recent history!

Digital devices -> forum rules -> belly button lint -> My Pillow

Always good to let your mind wander. Unfortunately, mine never came back.

Ain't that the truth! Lets talk about puppies! We need one!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I like puppies, we have two of them at my house though neither one really classifies as a puppy any longer. Loki is a small black dachshund mix and Zeus is a large golden colored German Shepard. Loki likes to lay on the back of the couch like a cat and will look out the front window at anyone approaching the house. He is a smart and inquisitive dog who digs like no ones business. Zeus is sweet but dumb he is the younger of the two and follows Loki around anywhere Loki goes. Zeus would be lost without Loki. Loki was a rescue and Zeus we have had since he was a puppy. If we had gotten them at the same time and if I had known how their personalities would turn out I would have named them George and Lenny.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Speaking of thread creep what are your thoughts regarding hat choice of Mobutu vs Lumumba.

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I like puppies, we have two of them at my house though neither one really classifies as a puppy any longer. Loki is a small black dachshund mix and Zeus is a large golden colored German Shepard. Loki likes to lay on the back of the couch like a cat and will look out the front window at anyone approaching the house. He is a smart and inquisitive dog who digs like no ones business. Zeus is sweet but dumb he is the younger of the two and follows Loki around anywhere Loki goes. Zeus would be lost without Loki. Loki was a rescue and Zeus we have had since he was a puppy. If we had gotten them at the same time and if I had known how their personalities would turn out I would have named them George and Lenny.

At one time, just a few years ago, we had 4 dogs; Two Boxers, a Jack Russell and a pure black German Shepherd. The 2 two Boxers were the first to go. One of them, a male named "Chance," was adopted when he just showed up in our yard one day - terribly emaciated. No tags, not chipped, and all attempts to locate an owner were unsuccessful. So, we ended up adopting him (and he turned out to be a great, loyal pet). Then the German Shepherd died in her dog run unexpectedly, leaving us with only the Jack Russell, who eventually developed cancer and had to be put down. So we've been without a dog for a couple of years. We have decided to get another dog (ONE) probably next spring. We have not decided on the breed yet, but likely it will be either a Boxer or a German Shepherd.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
I'm sportin a brown felt Raiders of the Lost Ark style fedora today as it is a chilly 43 this morn. I don't understand how you folks in the hinterlands can stand the cold!