• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wanted I tried to post this earlier and it didn't seem to work so this might soon appear as

mike clayton

Freshman Member
HI all,
Merry Christmas,

My engine rebuilder finally called with a list of stuff he needs [ sure !! 2 weeks before christmas !!!]

I have what i believe is a mid 1970's 1275 and he said i need 4 new pistons 30 over with rings etc.
i need a weber downdraft setup and i ned a new cam .. i also need 2 seats complete but in any condition as they will be recoverd no matter how nice they are ..so i'd rather have complete set of seats and pay only for poor condition since i am gonna recover them in burgundy leather.
i need a dash board with all gauges .I also need front and rear bumpers.. cluth and pressure plate as long as we are going this far ..thanks in advance .. please give me a little wiggle room to respond ..thanks to everyone .
from the great far north [ of New Hampshire,8 miles from the Quebec border !!]:eagerness:

OP
M

mike clayton

Freshman Member
UPDATE !!

I have found and bought the following items i was looking for :
2 seats
a dash board
front and rear bumpers

so I will cross these items off my wanted list
thanks but keep your thinking caps on as i still need a carb set up ,,,new pistons etc,,,new cam ,moderate

OP
M

mike clayton

Freshman Member
hi,
I AM RESTORING MY 1960 BUG EYE AND THE COMPANY WHO IS REBUILDING MY MOTOR TELLS ME THE NUMBERS ON THE BLOCK READ ::: 12v167iZiL8952 " THIS IS A 1275 THAT i AM SIMPLY QUESSING IS FROM SOMETIME IN THE 1970'S BUT JUST A GUESS.I WONDER IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE THE INFO TO LOOK IT UP FOR ME AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT I AM WORKING WITH AS I NEED 4 NEW PISTONS , A NEW CAM AND A NICE WEBER DOWNDRAFT FOR THIS PUPPY ..YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
MIKE

MIKEMENH73@YAHOO.COM

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Why a new cam ? Is the old one worn out or ??? Replacing a cam is grossly overrated for a street driven car. "Hot" cams don't necessarily make horsepower/torque they only move it around and change the useful power band. Likewise in a general way Weber carbs are also overrated and the performance gain ? is usually offset by the difficulty/expense of having them tuned.

You may build an engine that will happily rev to 8000 rpm but have difficulty moving off from a stop light. Needless to say I am very skeptical of modified street engines. Been there, done that and learned my lessons the hard way.

OP
M

mike clayton

Freshman Member
i am having my engine rebuilt by competition motors in portsmouth,nh...my go to guy told me he needed a new cam and 4 new pistons for my 1275 /30 overand I need a new carb so why not get a weber ,,i only need one so what the heck this guy really knows his stuff so I am not gonna argue with him .. thank you for your thoughts