• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Head Gasket

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have a TR3A, the PO told me that he had installed Tractor Sleeves and Pistons.

I guess 87mm (I think that's the only size) If not please correct me.

I am going to take off the head and need to know just what Head gasket is required

Can someone please help with a part number please?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ferguson TEA20 tractors came with at least two different sizes of liners. Oddly enough, they weren't interchangeable as the TR3 liners are. I learned the hard way, as I ordered 87mm liners for my 85mm TEA20 and they wouldn't fit.

I didn't measure (was in a hurry to make a show), but from memory and just looking at them, I don't think the 87s would have fit a TR3 block either, unless either the block or liners were machined to fit. The spigot at the bottom is pretty thin on 87mm liners for a TR3; slightly thicker (again to my eye, I didn't check measurements) on the tractor liners.

Last time I did a 87mm liner TR, I used the standard TR4 head gasket by Payen and it worked fine for me. But Payen no longer makes them, and I'm not certain that all of the ones currently available are big enough. Sorry, not much help. The TR4 gasket is Stanpart 205481.

BTW, the tractor head & studs are different, the tractor head gasket won't fit.

OP
Simmo

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thank you for that info Randall, I suppose I had better wait till I get the head off and then I will find out more. Just hoping that a standard Moss Gasket set will do the job.
Cheers
Ian

Ferguson TEA20 tractors came with at least two different sizes of liners. Oddly enough, they weren't interchangeable as the TR3 liners are. I learned the hard way, as I ordered 87mm liners for my 85mm TEA20 and they wouldn't fit.

I didn't measure (was in a hurry to make a show), but from memory and just looking at them, I don't think the 87s would have fit a TR3 block either, unless either the block or liners were machined to fit. The spigot at the bottom is pretty thin on 87mm liners for a TR3; slightly thicker (again to my eye, I didn't check measurements) on the tractor liners.

Last time I did a 87mm liner TR, I used the standard TR4 head gasket by Payen and it worked fine for me. But Payen no longer makes them, and I'm not certain that all of the ones currently available are big enough. Sorry, not much help. The TR4 gasket is Stanpart 205481.

BTW, the tractor head & studs are different, the tractor head gasket won't fit.