• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

batjes

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi there. I am a new member from the Netherlands and a proud owner of a '60 frogeye. It was restored about 25 years ago and still fitted with a stock motor.
I just found out how to manage pictures!:encouragement:

Anyhow, I own it now for about 2 years. And hope to enjoy it many more!

IMG_20160814_152615_clr_exif.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF batjes! You're come to the right place.

Nice-looking Bugeye you have there, and those tires look aggressive - I wonder what size they are.

Have you been to the Healey Museum there in The Netherlands? I was at the opening several years ago - the only American there - and it is very impressive.

Enjoy your Healey!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mooi! My parents came from Holland and while I can speak some dutch I don't write it.

Beautiful car!

welcome

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the forum! I visited the Netherlands many years ago when we lived in Germany (my father was US Army). He took us one summer to Amsterdam and I also remember visiting a "tiny" city I think called Madurodam.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome!
My parents are from Zuid Holland (Koudekerk a/d rijn). I hope to visit again next summer. Wish I could take my Bugeye!
Paul

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Welcome, My wifes family, (VanOrder), came to America from Holland in the early 1800s. Would love to go there, beautiful country! PJ

OP
batjes

batjes

Freshman Member
Country flag
I am so sorry for not having replied here, shame on me!

@Editor_Reid: those are Michelin MX radial X 165R13, need to replaced them for their age. Sure I have been to the Healey Museum. I am a member of the AHOCN (owners club Netherlands) and their centre part has their meetings in the Museum. It is amazing what they all have - you know they now even got the personal car of Donald Healey, the ONX113!
@JPSmit: you know to write at least 3 dutch words: mooi, Holland and your own name Smit which is, as you must know, quite common
;)
@Basil: sure it is Madurodam! You must have great memories on Germany which happens to have very nice districts/roads for driving Healeys - and I donโ€™t mean the Autobahn.
@apbos: Iโ€™ve been to America, but never to CA, still on a list... If you can, really plan for a visit to the Healey Museum at Vreeland.
@Paul161: but is also rather small and flat over here! One time I took my old kind-of-war-type bike to the Normandy beaches, visiting all the known places - very, very impressive (as are the WW1 places over here too) - never forget!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am so sorry for not having replied here, shame on me!

Hi batjes,
Welcome to our humble forum! A couple tips to help you out with posting (and I know some of this isn't obvious). You figured out how to post a picture - great, but if you want to make your picture larger, when you upload it, but before you "save" your post, double-click on the thumbnail. This will cause a popup window where you can change alignment and size. (I recommend just picking center and large). As you can see, I edited your picture to make it larger than a thumbnail.

Also, if you want to reply to a specific person, click "Reply with quote" under their post. This will cause their post to appear in your reply box surrounded by quote tags (and you can edit their quoted text if you are only replying to a portion of their post).

Hope this helps and welcome aboard!'