• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Did I inadvertently snap a drone?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The other day I was out hoping to get some pictures of a Stellar Jay my wife had seen earlier. While I didn't get any Stellar Jay pictures, I did manage to get some nice Western Blue Jay pics and also this Yellow Finch sitting on a power line that comes to our house from the street. When I cropped in, I noticed a speck just to the left of the bird's head. At first I thought it might be dirt on the lens or something, but upon zooming closer I saw what appears to be a drone hovering in an area that would probably be a wooded area across the street from our house.

Does this look like a drone? I don't think it's a plane because in a second picture taken a few seconds later, the object appears in the exact same spot.

Yellow Finch w drone-1.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Definitely, literally, a UFO. :smirk:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tom are you saying that the left doesn't know what the right HANDS are doing?

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Come on really a drone?
you and I both know that the chances of catching a drone on camera are slim to none.
Now a UFO .. yea that’s all it is.
Drone really...

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm going with UFO too.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Robot Finch! In communication with the drone... AI is everywhere. :devilgrin:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You accidentally surveilled the Government surveilling you. You probably shouldn't have posted that photo on here, now the NSA will be watching all of us on the forum.