• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member in East Texas

Lonestarjarhead

Freshman Member
Not a post for the purist. Started looking for a MGB V6 candidate several months ago. Ended up with four of the little critters. Working on the 77 now. A 3.4 conversion plus chrome bumpers. Will do a V8 swap on the 74 later. Other two are parts cars.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Jarhead. Welcome from an ArkLaTex transplant! Grew up in Shreveport. (Well, my wife would say I haven't grown up...)

I've a '69 BGT with a 3.4 and love it; no doubt you'll have a ball as well. Is the '74 a chrome bumper model? A bit more fiddly to do the conversion, but lots have gone before you.

Let me know if I can offer any advice; glad to send pictures, etc.

Best,
Mickey

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Lonestarjarhead, and Semper Fi! You've come to the right place.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck with the conversion(s) and post some pics when the cars get to the "photogenic phase."