• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Carpets?????

nomad

Yoda
I fitted new Moss carpets to my Mk2 Midget less than a decade ago and Moss carpets to my Mk1 Sprite before that. Quality wasn't great but was acceptable.

I now have procured a set of carpets for my Mk3 Sprite and find that they have really cheapened them up so that they don't fit well and are no where near original in design. Soooo, knowledgeable folks, where can I get a quality set of carpets without breaking the bank? Moss got $270 for these and it appears E-bay sellers are offering better for $100 less. Wouldn't mind paying a bit more for quality!

Any info apprecaited!
Kurt.

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
Thanks Ray but this car gets red carpets.
I'm thinking AH spares. I've always had good luck with them but carpets are heavy so shipping might be an issue. Too busy right now to worry much about them though.

Kurt.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I believe Prestige is the gold standard

https://www.prestigeautotrim.com/usa/mg-midget-carpets.html

That said, I used Stock and was very pleased - you have to form the carpet around the rear wheel humps but, other than that looks and fits great! (Make sure though that the red matches your upholstery - mine "almost" does)

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I used AH Spares and I’m very pleased...Tom Smith used Prestige and they ripped apart in a year or so with no help from Prestige.
Rut

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
Thanks, folks. I'm thinking AH Spares "Jaguar quality" for $310 plus freight. Car is nice enough to deserve them.

Kurt.

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
One more question. Does anyone have experience with the "Stock interiors" carpet Ray referenced? Seem to cheap to be quality but maybe not.

Kurt.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
One more question. Does anyone have experience with the "Stock interiors" carpet Ray referenced? Seem to cheap to be quality but maybe not.

Kurt.

I have Stock carpets and have been quite pleased. I went for the loop rather than cut pile as I believe it makes it more retro looking - as mentioned elsewhere my only issue is that the red of the carpet doesn't quite match the red of the piping on the seats - but that is my fault not theirs.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just found this - needless to say it is a bit more worn now. :smile:

carpet one.JPG

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
JP, those do look pretty good. At least as good as Moss for quite a bit less. Decisions!

Kurt.

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
I like the Jaguar carpet kit from AH Spares, they fit well all though I did alter them some for my car.

P1040176.jpg

Attachments

• P1040178.jpg
    P1040178.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 42

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I bought cut pile red carpet by the yard from Stock Interiors and had the carpets locally sewn for the Whitephrog. Quality was good and red color match to the AHSpares panels was spot on.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
It a shame ACC doesn’t do kits for sprigets for that matter British cars any longer as they are really nice and a good price

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
Well, I'm probably being anal but the carpet in a MK3 Sprite had a separate piece that went on the shelf behind the seats. That is what I would like to duplicate but is not what Bluemax has on his BE. Moss sent me a kit like that. The sets they used to sell for that model were like factory so maybe I got a set for a BE. Guess I will have to check with them before I do anything. They also used to have four separate pieces that fit over the wheel arches that fit much better than the two pieces they sent me. Those are my main complaints with this set. I am planning on not using the full set as Bluemax [Alan?] has done. I have used the aluminum Amco copy frame covers and Amco style mats before. I like the durability of that set up. If I knew someone locally that could do a good job the smart route would be to have what I need locally made.

Guess I check with Moss first to see if I got a set for a BE.

Kurt.