• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A the door locks

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Well on the door locks, the 2 that I would like to fix will not come out. The one in the picture is an extra one I had, and it popped right out after the pin was removed and struck on a block of wood. Anyone have experience with locks that will not come out. I believe they are oxidized in and will not budge. I tried banging them against some wood for 10 minutes, but no luck.
steve

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
A good soaking in PB Blaster, perhaps?

OP
S

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Well tried all the soaking stuff, but I will try again. The keys will not go in on both door locks. I tried using a pick and pushing from the back in that little hole were the pin goes but cannot get any good leverage. I am thinking about making a custom pick that I force from the back a little better. Another idea I had was to make one of those rust hydro remover deals with a battery charger to see if I can get the oxidation to drop off, but that might be too much work for something this small and like this. Maybe dropping them from an airplane would work, but then I might not be able to find them. Another thought was to pack them with string and see if I could push them out that way from the back that way. I saw locksmith do something like that once. I tried that a little but everything is so small and very stuck.

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
If the key will not go into the lock is there possibly a broken key in there?
It would be most helpful if you can get the key hole either empty or with the correct key in it.
To clean out the key hole try using a drill smaller than the width of the key. Use it by hand first and use it on the bottom or flat portion of where the key would be. I am thinking that if there is something inside the key hole it may be lifting up the inserts and holding the tumbler cylinder in. That is my best guess!
Charley