• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moss Motors buys XKs Unlimited parts house.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Just got an email from Xks that they sold to Moss. Xks will keep there restoration shop under the name XKs Motorsports.

D

Deleted member 8987

I've used XKS for a long time, but prefer SNG. For all the posts on this and other forums from various marques using Moss...and fitment issues, failures, all of that....I think I'll lose the card.

OP
LarryK

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I use XKs when occasionally on-line, and they were good to me for many years, in Land Rover and Jag parts. Only problem is their website, when they say they have 2 in stock, it is ordered, then comes email of backorder, then get 4 months later. SNG has better turn around. When I used Moss for Triumphs, years back, no real problem, but usually d Roadster Factory for right stuff. Not enough of us restoring these cars today to keep them in business.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Hopefully Moss will fix their price structure. I came make more on the same item from Welsh, even with the shipping costs!

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
No one vendor is always the cheapest... or the most expensive. If price is the major concern then it pays to check several.

I have always had good results with XKs but have also used SNG, Welsh & Terry's.

It does help to develop a relationship with one of the sales people (Armando in the case of XKs for me) as they will often go the extra mile for a regular customer.

I almost never order online from E-Type vendors as I don't like backorders or surprises -- having a person on the spot looking out for me avoids that.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Not so. Welsh is always less expensive in my book and they have the stock. I only used XKs when in a rush to get a customers car back quick.
have used the same rep at all companies that I deal with for too many years to count, but they can only do so much when the item is not on the shelf.
like you, I do not order online.

Jack T

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
XKs was always out of the question for me because of their west coast location and shipping costs. Hopefully Moss will allot some of their extra square footage in the Virginia warehouse to Jaguar parts and give those of us east of the Mississippi another option. Over the years I've probably used most of the vendors for Jag, Triumph, and Austin Healey parts, and while sometimes there may be a problem I'm glad they're out there.