• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from the St Louis Metroplitan Area

2manycars2

Freshman Member
Hello from Edwardsville, Illinois. I have been a British car (and all cars, for that matter) enthusiast since a very young age. My first British car was a Sunbeam rapier that my dad bought me so that I could drive myself to high school. That car helped pave the way for a mechanic job in the late 60's at a neighbor's foreign car repair shop. I was working on MG, Austin-Healeys, Triumphs, Jaguars, Sunbeams, and basically all foreign car brands when I was 16 years old. This was during a time when dealers did not stock many parts, so my boss taught me how to make due with what I had to work with. That job, plus a job at a Bap-Geon dealer and the local Lotus dealer, helped pay my way through college. I never gave up working on cars, and have restored a 1963 Avanti R1, a 1970 Lotus Elan, and a 1956 Chevrolet that I have owned since 1974. In addition to the Rapier, I have owned an early 60s Mini and a 1974 1/2 MBG GT. I currently own a 1974 MG Midget that was oened by a friend for 16 years, but rarely driven or serviced. I am in the process of refurbishing the suspension and brakes, as well as the interior. The body has minor rust on the A pillars and the passenger rear quarter panel. Mostly original paint (citron) that cleaned up well. I can't wait to get it on the road.

Ernie

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12

dklawson

Yoda
Welcome! With all the wonderful experience you have, I hope to see you posting in many sections of the board beyond the Spridget area.

Be sure to post more about your current project.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome aboard! I see you are in Edwardsville! When I was on active duty, stationed at Scott AFB, we lived just up the road in Troy, Il.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Ernie! You've come to the right place.

Nice-looking Midget (LOVE the garish 1970's color) you have there. Good luck with the work on it. I suspect that with all your experience you'll be more of a teacher than student here (in the MG Forum), and we need more like you!

Again, welcome aboard.