• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from the St Louis Metroplitan Area

2manycars2

Freshman Member
Hello from Edwardsville, Illinois. I have been a British car (and all cars, for that matter) enthusiast since a very young age. My first British car was a Sunbeam rapier that my dad bought me so that I could drive myself to high school. That car helped pave the way for a mechanic job in the late 60's at a neighbor's foreign car repair shop. I was working on MG, Austin-Healeys, Triumphs, Jaguars, Sunbeams, and basically all foreign car brands when I was 16 years old. This was during a time when dealers did not stock many parts, so my boss taught me how to make due with what I had to work with. That job, plus a job at a Bap-Geon dealer and the local Lotus dealer, helped pay my way through college. I never gave up working on cars, and have restored a 1963 Avanti R1, a 1970 Lotus Elan, and a 1956 Chevrolet that I have owned since 1974. In addition to the Rapier, I have owned an early 60s Mini and a 1974 1/2 MBG GT. I currently own a 1974 MG Midget that was oened by a friend for 16 years, but rarely driven or serviced. I am in the process of refurbishing the suspension and brakes, as well as the interior. The body has minor rust on the A pillars and the passenger rear quarter panel. Mostly original paint (citron) that cleaned up well. I can't wait to get it on the road.

Ernie

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 11

dklawson

Yoda
Welcome! With all the wonderful experience you have, I hope to see you posting in many sections of the board beyond the Spridget area.

Be sure to post more about your current project.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard! I see you are in Edwardsville! When I was on active duty, stationed at Scott AFB, we lived just up the road in Troy, Il.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Ernie! You've come to the right place.

Nice-looking Midget (LOVE the garish 1970's color) you have there. Good luck with the work on it. I suspect that with all your experience you'll be more of a teacher than student here (in the MG Forum), and we need more like you!

Again, welcome aboard.