Thread: Greetings from the St Louis Metroplitan Area

Freshman Member
    Edwardsville, IL

Greetings from the St Louis Metroplitan Area

Hello from Edwardsville, Illinois. I have been a British car (and all cars, for that matter) enthusiast since a very young age. My first British car was a Sunbeam rapier that my dad bought me so that I could drive myself to high school. That car helped pave the way for a mechanic job in the late 60's at a neighbor's foreign car repair shop. I was working on MG, Austin-Healeys, Triumphs, Jaguars, Sunbeams, and basically all foreign car brands when I was 16 years old. This was during a time when dealers did not stock many parts, so my boss taught me how to make due with what I had to work with. That job, plus a job at a Bap-Geon dealer and the local Lotus dealer, helped pay my way through college. I never gave up working on cars, and have restored a 1963 Avanti R1, a 1970 Lotus Elan, and a 1956 Chevrolet that I have owned since 1974. In addition to the Rapier, I have owned an early 60s Mini and a 1974 1/2 MBG GT. I currently own a 1974 MG Midget that was oened by a friend for 16 years, but rarely driven or serviced. I am in the process of refurbishing the suspension and brakes, as well as the interior. The body has minor rust on the A pillars and the passenger rear quarter panel. Mostly original paint (citron) that cleaned up well. I can't wait to get it on the road.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Greetings from the St Louis Metroplitan Area

Welcome! With all the wonderful experience you have, I hope to see you posting in many sections of the board beyond the Spridget area.

Be sure to post more about your current project.
    Doug L.
    '64 Morris Mini Cooper-S 1275
    '67 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Welcome Ernie. I can tell you will be an asset to the group. Please continue to post pictures of your journey to the road.
    Dave Reese
    Visit my Flickr Photo Albums
    No longer have any LBC's...but many fond memories of owning Fagin...

"I intend to live forever ... So far, so good." - Steven Wright

Turn left at Albuquerque
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard! I see you are in Edwardsville! When I was on active duty, stationed at Scott AFB, we lived just up the road in Troy, Il.

Welcome to the BCF Ernie! You've come to the right place.

Nice-looking Midget (LOVE the garish 1970's color) you have there. Good luck with the work on it. I suspect that with all your experience you'll be more of a teacher than student here (in the MG Forum), and we need more like you!

Again, welcome aboard.
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine