• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Formula Power Fuel Catalyst!????????

gcoll

Country flag
Hey Guys has anyone here ever heard of this " Formula Power Fuel Catalyst " that I saw for sale on ebay? The description says this will allow any engine designed to run on leaded fuel to run safely on normal pump unleaded 95 octane fuel. The fuel catalyst has the desired effect of raising the octane lubricating the engine and burning at a slightly lower burn temperature.
There is no need to use a liquid fuel additive or to retard the ignition timing or to fit hardened valve seats.
The fuel catalyst is a tin amalgam and follows very closely to the original Royal Air Force receipe which was developed to combat poor quality and low octane fuel.
It simply is placed into the petrol tank of any car and then only 95 unleaded fuel needs to be used. or whatever high octane is available.

It looks like 8 silver balls inside a black mesh like sock and sells for about $50.00. said to last at least 100,000 miles. and will protect your petrol from going stale.

ebay item#351425879195 if you want to check it out.
looking forward to comments and or information about this. thank you

dklawson

Yoda
Sounds great! Right up there with Slick 50, gas line magnets, 100-mile carburettor, etc.

That is absolutely the correct shelf for the balls in a sack product. That stuff has been around for years.

I am not a big fan of car companies but when you see a product like this, you have to ask yourself "Do modern cars use anything like this?" Regardless of the product, the answer is almost always "no". If something like this worked, it would be in every car coming out of Detroit.

Dandare

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I'm not endorsing the catalyst product in any way but surely the point is that a new car wouldn't need a product like this, even if it did what it says on the box.

Danny

dklawson

Yoda
The traditional sales pitch for the pellets in a bag has been that "it improves the octane rating of your fuel" or that it is a "lead substitute that protects your car's valves". I've seen both claims made.

Yes, you would think a modern car wouldn't be a candidate for the stuff. However, if it worked as an octane booster, makers of modern cars would love to put it in the car themselves instead of telling you that you must buy premium gas for the duration of the time you own their car.

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Ok, I have to admit I've been using this product for 10 years and in addition to being able to run unleaded gas, I no longer need to change my oil and lubing all those zerk fittings is a thing of the past. Bugs do not stick to my windscreen, somehow, and I can't explain this one, I can hear my wife while we drive and she can hear me and best of all, my front wheel toe in is now spot on and I haven't had to change a tire in many years. The vegematic slicer/dicer I got with it is still sharp too.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
How about the "supercharger" that installed between the carburetor and the manifold and spun around, "supercompressing" the mixture? If you remember that one - you're older than I think you are.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Eight balls in a sack! Where do I sign up?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Additives such as this have been proven over the years to simply open up a new avenue for U to spend money.--:excitement:

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Honey ...................where did you put the thighmaster ??????????:highly_amused:
let me guess its made by Ronco or K-tel

Joe A

Country flag
I buy all my performance products here: https://kalecoauto.com/

One can learn a lot by reading threads here and participating now and again.

I see that there are a lot of hard to find items on the KaleCoAuto site. I now know where to look when the usual suppliers seem to let me down.

A wiper blade sharpener seems like a "must have" item and clearly, if one decides to try some of those non-sparking spark plugs, enhanced high tension from a fluxgate capacitor would seem to be a prerequisite.

I just refinished my valve cover and a bit of "bling" from a new 710 cap may be just the ticket to finish it off:

710cap.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
LOLOL--That is THE BEST!

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Im calling them today to see if they have stock on kerniptor regulators ,,,,,,been looking for one for years .

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
And then there was the movable weight system you could install in the trunk (boot) of your car to give it superior cornering. Our city manager in a town back in Ohio, circa 1968, was about to buy those things for the city police cruisers until I showed him the Consumers Report article about them. I do remember that little fan device that installed under the carburetor. That does date me.