Thread: BN6 Front Seats

Classifieds for members to buy/sell Austin Healey Cars/ Parts

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BN6 Front Seats

My driver's side front seat snapped at the hing point. Will try welding new tabs but would like to have a good spare(s) in case it fails again.

Thanks - John

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: BN6 Front Seats

If you are unable to find a satisfactory replacement, I have a pair of factory seats from a '60 BN7 with all of the hardware. I believe these seats were reupholstered during the car's restoration in North Carolina circa 2000. They are black with the usual white beading. While these seats are in really excellent condition, I mucked up a small edge section of the driver's side left bolster by trying to remedy some wear with a vinyl patch kit. Another bad idea. One seat also had a bit of cutting at the bottom edge of the back rest where it contacted the frame. I have covered that with matching vinyl material. I have no idea what the shipping would run on the seats from the Jacksonville, FL, area. I will sell them for $600 plus shipping. They do take down for fairly compact shipping. For the record, I replaced these seats with aftermarket leather versions. As my car has a Toyota 5-speed, etc., Bilstein shock conversion, etc., originality was a secondary consideration for me.
    Owner of a 1960 BN7 with Toyota 5 speed and a '92 Porsche 968 coupe. Former owner '62 Jaguar MK2, MG-TF brought back from military service in Italy 1958, '61 Healey BT7, pre-A Porsche 356, and a Porsche 944.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As luck would have it, my seats are black with white beading as well. Can you send me a couple of pics - vcr@victoriacoffees.com?

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just took some pix of the seats. I'll try to get them off to you tomorrow.
    Owner of a 1960 BN7 with Toyota 5 speed and a '92 Porsche 968 coupe. Former owner '62 Jaguar MK2, MG-TF brought back from military service in Italy 1958, '61 Healey BT7, pre-A Porsche 356, and a Porsche 944.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The seats are on their way from Florida to Texas by way of Georgia. Should arrive the week of Thanksgiving.