• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

healy doors

huntlu

Freshman Member
hey guys I am new to this site.hopefully someone can help me out.I have a 1959 100-6 healy,that I started to restore 20 years ago.I am now in the process of taking apart because the doors never fit and it was starting to rust.when I got it the doors where way off ,well my father proceeded to cut all the out riggers and inner rockers and just welded everything exactly where they where.I found out after that the frame wsa sagging in the middle,but my father said we could adjust the doors after.well they where so far off you coudn,t adjust them.My question is what is the best way to fix this I think my only options are to cut frame in half and jack it up or cut all the out riggers and inner rockers and jack it up.If any body has any ideas it would be greatfully appreciated it.thanks a lot.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF huntlu! You've come to the right place, although this forum is more just for introducing yourself and you'll have better luck with your question if you post it in the Austin Healey Forum here.

Sounds like a frame replacement may be in order for you - and replacement frames ARE available, but again, I recommend that you try the Austin Healey Forum and gather several ideas there.

Good luck.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
What Reid said - welcome to BCF but specific questions will get better response if you post them, in this =case, in the Healey forum here. In the meantime, tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to be a British car enthusiast (assuming of course you are).

Basil