Thread: Healey redone on upcoming episode of Wheeler Dealer sold at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas

Forum to discuss Austin Healey Sports Cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Healey redone on upcoming episode of Wheeler Dealer sold at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Re: Healey redone on upcoming episode of Wheeler Dealer sold at Barrett-Jackson Las V

LOVE it with the red interior. I'd hate to see everyone start putting red interiors in their Healeys, but as a neutral color, red goes with everything and has so much more style than black. I've long been slightly surprised that (almost) no one puts a red interior in a Healey Blue Healey - it's a show-stopper IMO.

(I wonder why they left off the interior rear-view mirror on this car.)
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Re: Healey redone on upcoming episode of Wheeler Dealer sold at Barrett-Jackson Las V

Quote Originally Posted by Editor_Reid View Post
    LOVE it with the red interior. I'd hate to see everyone start putting red interiors in their Healeys, but as a neutral color, red goes with everything and has so much more style than black. I've long been slightly surprised that (almost) no one puts a red interior in a Healey Blue Healey - it's a show-stopper IMO.

Not such a fan of the red interior in a BRG Healey, but red with Healey bluish ... fantastic!

Rick

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Agree totally, I was at the Art Center College of Design annual car show in Pasadena today and was draw immediately to the red interior cars. Great show, Jay Leno MC'd and had a few cars on the field. The theme was Italian, American, and French (Red, White and Blue) car this year.

Design Ctr Car Show.jpg
    DB Car.jpg
    Corvette Red Interior.jpg
    Dougie
    '65 BJ8 3000 MKIII GN.29
    '57 100-SIX MM Vintage Racer GN.1 #414
    Team Healey PDX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I like the DB Panhard!
    Steve Gerow
    Altadena, CA, USA
    Maker of most complete Big Healey rear disc kit
    Check out my galleries:
    http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow

Jedi Warrior
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red is a tricky colour IMO, but red and white or black were very sixties. Here’s my little Porsche, which is almost the same combination as a friends 3000 MK 1

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/...3e9c7e_z_d.jpg[/img]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EV2239 View Post
    Red is a tricky colour IMO
    Indeed! For a red interior to look good, you need to find the right red with no color-clashing in several materials:

Vinyl
    Leather
    Armacord
    Carpet

It can be tricky for sure, but when it's right, it's so right.
    Reid Trummel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Editor_Reid View Post

I was at barrett-jackson...thought the price was way over paid.........lots of non-original work..

Reid::: My 100 was special ordered healey blue with red, might be the only one..but alas came with a complete leather blue interior, carpets, door panels etc... as I bought the car partially done. Couldn't justify the expense...so YES I agree whole heartedly!

Pete
    1954 Austin Healey 100 Le Mans
    1973 Jaguar E-type OTS
    2015 Jaguar XK Coupe
    2017 Jaguar XF
    2008 Aston Martin Vantage Convt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HEALEYJAG View Post
    Reid::: My 100 was special ordered healey blue with red, might be the only one..but alas came with a complete leather blue interior, carpets, door panels etc... as I bought the car partially done. Couldn't justify the expense...so YES I agree whole heartedly!

Pete
    I'm in the same predicament. My Healey Blue BN2 has a perfectly nice blue interior, so I'm reluctant to trash it just for the sake of changing color. However, if I had it to do over again, I'd definitely go with a red interior.

My Bugeye (pictured below with my signature) has a red interior, and it definitely helps give some life to the otherwise drab Nevada Biege paint.
    Reid Trummel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You folks do get some interesting cars out there on the West Coast. Looking at that Cobra in the foreground of one pic makes me ask 'What nationality does it fit into'? But I guess if you listen to some of the lore about the Cobra, one said that the bodies were pounded out by a bunch of Italian wineos under the London Bridge. So I guess the Cobra hits all three of the designated theme cars.
    As for red interiors, yeh I agree. Makes me want to change my interior ASAP. but at least mine isn't black.
    Big "EDIT". Misread the post about the French. I was thinking British the whole time I wrote about the Cobra.
    About TV Shows-
    "...you really can't restore a car in 10 days. I don't want to watch a race where people have to restore it in a week. It's not going to drive, and those cars never work. In real life, it takes years to get it right. " Jay Leno.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red interior works well with OEW
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agree with the red interior. I have black, and it shows every speck of dust, grass, etc. As for the Wheeler Dealer car exhaust outlet location, I owned a Healey back in 1963 that had a number of modifications by the PO. He was a drag racer and had fiddled the overdrive so it worked on all four gears (as I recall it), had installed cutouts in the exhaust, etc. As one of the tail pipes was crimped on this car and I didn't have much money, I cut the tail pipes off just behind the muffler and installed the elbows of the type seen on the Wheeler Dealer car. I used to drive the car back and forth from Dayton, where I worked on a newspaper, across Ohio to see a young lady east of Cleveland. The noise from the exhaust emanating just below the door on that Healey set up a drone that had me stuffing paper tissue in my ears. That didn't work. As for the dent in the tail pipe, I think that happened at a drive-in movie in Morgantown, WVA, where I was visiting a different young lady.
    Owner of a 1960 BN7 with Toyota 5 speed and a '92 Porsche 968 coupe. Former owner '62 Jaguar MK2, MG-TF brought back from military service in Italy 1958, '61 Healey BT7, pre-A Porsche 356, and a Porsche 944.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RDKeysor View Post
    Agree with the red interior. I have black, and it shows every speck of dust, grass, etc. As for the Wheeler Dealer car exhaust outlet location, I owned a Healey back in 1963 that had a number of modifications by the PO. He was a drag racer and had fiddled the overdrive so it worked on all four gears (as I recall it), had installed cutouts in the exhaust, etc. As one of the tail pipes was crimped on this car and I didn't have much money, I cut the tail pipes off just behind the muffler and installed the elbows of the type seen on the Wheeler Dealer car. I used to drive the car back and forth from Dayton, where I worked on a newspaper, across Ohio to see a young lady east of Cleveland. The noise from the exhaust emanating just below the door on that Healey set up a drone that had me stuffing paper tissue in my ears. That didn't work. As for the dent in the tail pipe, I think that happened at a drive-in movie in Morgantown, WVA, where I was visiting a different young lady.
    Must be a lesson there about Healeys and young ladies.
    John, BN4

Yoda
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Turney View Post
    Must be a lesson there about Healeys and young ladies.
    If you find a young lady who likes Healeys, hang on to her!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Bespoke exhaust done by blah blah blah .....Have you seen it ,,,,,its a disaster the way it exits half way down the door .
    did some kid in shop class make it !!!!!

front bumper is twisted down at the end , brake fluid canister is badly finished etc etc .
    The whole car is sitting too high , back yard 24 restoration IMHO .
    "If it aint broke ....dont fix it "
    " Thats not an oil leak ..........its a special automatic British rustproofing system "
    Best Healey in show ABCD Ottawa 2013
    Best Healey in Show Boot n Bonnett Kingston 2013

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vette View Post
    You folks do get some interesting cars out there on the West Coast. Looking at that Cobra in the foreground of one pic makes me ask 'What nationality does it fit into'? But I guess if you listen to some of the lore about the Cobra, one said that the bodies were pounded out by a bunch of Italian wineos under the London Bridge. So I guess the Cobra hits all three of the designated theme cars.
    As for red interiors, yeh I agree. Makes me want to change my interior ASAP. but at least mine isn't black.
    Big "EDIT". Misread the post about the French. I was thinking British the whole time I wrote about the Cobra.
    Vett -

If you think the Cobra looked wild, checkout the cars of the future. Here's just one of the models the current Art Center Center students had on display. It must be the beautiful weather "on the West Coast" that inspires such creative design.

Art Center Cars.jpg
    Art Center Car 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dougie
    '65 BJ8 3000 MKIII GN.29
    '57 100-SIX MM Vintage Racer GN.1 #414
    Team Healey PDX