• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from So. Cal

Jagguy

Freshman Member
Want to ask a few questions regarding my MG but need to do a little intro first.

I've been into the LBC thing all my driving life, 47 years so far...
My Dad always had Jags from the 50's up until until he passed and it rubbed off on me for sure. In fact I still have his 140 MC.

My first British car was my second car, a 58 XK 150 Coupe. It was well thrashed and needed a lot of love but it was the best XK I could afford with my $800 I had saved up.
Took about a year to get it fixed up with rings, bearings, and a valve job, body work and paint and new seat covers. Looked good and I had a lot of fun with it blowing off the tri-5 Chevy crowd...

But it was an expensive car to keep running for a 19 year old so I let it go.

Next up was a very nice 67 MGB roadster. I loved that car and had a lot of adventures with it going all over the west coast. Kept it about 3 years and it was pretty much problem free.

Had a bunch of Fiat 124 Spyders and Coupes, couple more MGB's including a 66 GT and some other exotics. Then it was time to enter the rat race for 25 years.

Picked up a Sprite to restore in about 2000 and had fun with that. Had a few Miata's but got bored with them within 6 months..Not much fun when you never need to open the hood...

So, I started looking for another 67 MGB. Took a while but found a decent driver. Needs just enough to keep me busy but nothing really major (at least if I don't look too close).

Which brings me here to this forum. I seem to have an issue with this car that has me a bit confused so I intend to ask the brain trust here for some assistance.

I will save my questions for the appropriate forums.

Anyway, wanted to say hello and am looking forward to checking out all the information available here!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - quite a stable! looking forward to finding out more.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I know the C stands for C type head, and in the USA, it was titled MC, but what does the M really stand for?

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Jag Guy! You've come to the right place. Quite a history with Brit cars you have there. Good luck with the MGB issue - I'd be pretty sure that someone in the MG Forum will be able to help.

Please post some pics of your Brit cars when you get a chance, and again, welcome.