• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Weird seagull experience yesterday

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
SWMBO & I were driving in her Mini yesterday - not even 30 MPH and a seagull kind of flew into the front of the car. Pulled over to the side of the road and it didn't drop off. Got out of the car and the bird's wing was wedged between the bottom of the grill and the bumper - and it was ******!

Used my foot to kind of slide it out - bird drops to the ground and affected wing was pointing straight up and slightly backwards - cr*p thinks I, now what? Well bird takes a few steps shakes itself - wing pops back into place and off it flies cussing us all the way.

Absolutely amazing and really weird.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tough little bugger then.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I Googulled it and they are pretty tough birds. Glad it worked out for everybody.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I was once digging for bait at the shore and a herring gull walked over with an obvious broken wing. Stood around watching me dig. I found a sandworm and gave it to him. He was obvious starved and grabbed it. I fed him a small crab that he gobbled up. At that point I forgot my fishing. I put my jacket over him and loaded him into my car. He gave me no resistance. I drove him to the Stamford Museum where they had a rehabilitator and when last heard, he made a good recovery. He was obviously grateful. Birds are much smarter than we think.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I was once digging for bait at the shore and a herring gull walked over with an obvious broken wing. Stood around watching me dig. I found a sandworm and gave it to him. He was obvious starved and grabbed it. I fed him a small crab that he gobbled up. At that point I forgot my fishing. I put my jacket over him and loaded him into my car. He gave me no resistance. I drove him to the Stamford Museum where they had a rehabilitator and when last heard, he made a good recovery. He was obviously grateful. Birds are much smarter than we think.

:encouragement:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
They may be tough, but I'm pretty sure I killed one while driving in Wales (in Aberystwyth - say that 5 times fast). Flew right into the front end of the car. Twas the bird's fault. I swear. :eek:

Country flag
Tripped a flying bird one with the car. It flew across so low it caught the edge of the top and I hear it roll front to back and off the rear of the car. Looked back figuring that was it for it, but it got up after a couple seconds, shook itself, took a couple steps and took off.