• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Garage find '65 XKE

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Hi to the Jaguar forum from a Healey guy. Two weeks ago my wife and I were at a neighborhood dinner party. When leaving one of my neighbors said he wanted to ask me about sports cars. I said sure what would you like to know? He moved in just over two years ago about four doors down from me. I never knew he had a 1954 XKE in his garage that he has owned since 1984. He drove it until 1988 while living in Houston and brought it to NC with him. He is one of those examples of starting to restore a car and never finishing it. The car is very much there and he has some new parts such as interior and top that are 30 years old, but still in the box. At this point he is very much considering selling it and doesn't know what to ask. I told him I would question the forum to find out. I never had an success at posting pictures on the BCF, but if some one would like to post them for me, I can email them to him. My email address is covercash1@aol.com The car looks pretty good and would be an excellent candidate to restore.
Charlie
Oriental, NC

Brinkerhoff

Jedi Knight
If its a complete car being disassembled doesn't hurt it at all. The'll bring $50,000 or so if marketed on Bring a Trailer. A '66 just bid to 123,000 on that site that looked much better on top than underneath ( where all the money goes) . Finally these cars are getting the respect they deserve.

OP
C

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Dan,
I'm having lunch with my neighbor today. I'll let him know of your, and others, interest. He is trying to decide if he really wants to sell it now that his interest in it has gone up a notch or two. I'll be in touch.
Charlie

OP
C

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I talked to my neighbor last week about the car. He has not made any decision about what to do with the car. This may be why it is still sitting in his garage since 1988, he can't make a decision. I hope he does something because it is to nice a car to just be in limbo between fix it or sell it.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I think that in addition to the cars owned by people that frequent these forums and dealers that exchange hands that there are a LOT of E types out there like the one you describe. I was somewhat stunned to see 4-5 very much driver quality, unrestored, E-types in one of the few local shops that specializes in old foreign cars in my area (he's got a big shop, former downtown Chevy dealer with a by design or whatever area where a number of interesting old cars are stored). In addition I am very active with the local British car community, and I still see cars out an about on nice sunny days from time to time that I have no idea of the ownership or history of.

Last edited:
Country flag
I know of five local E types just sitting in garages here. One is a one owner Car from France. Have tried to buy it since mid 70s. Maybe one of these days. None are drivable right now.
Marv

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Charlie,
I could be interested in buying the car. Please send me some pictures. Mgruber921:ataol.com
Marv

Marvin, I edited your post to use the @ smilie :at so that the "bots" can't harvest your email address. Never a good idea to post your email in an open forum. With the image of the @ sign, the bots won't recognize it as an email address, but a human will.