• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Eclipse stamp

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
This was interesting - I missed the release of this new USPS stamp until today.

The stamp shows a total solar eclipse, BUT ...

If you put your thumb over the stamp, in a few seconds the heat from your thumb reveals the lunar surface as it covers the sun.

pr17_020.png

(OK, OK ... I am easily amused.)

TM

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I saw them a few weeks ago when they first came out. It looks like a black circle and unless you knew to place your finger over it you would have no idea of what lies beneath the black circle.... they need a "users guide" printed on the stamp :rolleyes2:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
It is, of course with the low budget version you just toss the stamp in the envelope. :grin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This was interesting - I missed the release of this new USPS stamp until today.

The stamp shows a total solar eclipse, BUT ...

If you put your thumb over the stamp, in a few seconds the heat from your thumb reveals the lunar surface as it covers the sun.

pr17_020.png

(OK, OK ... I am easily amused.)

TM
Is the stamp on the left the Dark Side of the Moon?