• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Maine

Teutonic1

Freshman Member
Hello all,
New member from Maine. I've owned mostly Alfa Romeo's but have always dabbled in the British car world and have never been disappointed. It's been a while since my last BMC car which was a '61 Morris Mini. Now I have a '76 MGB that I am restoring. I needed another project as I just finished my '78 Alfa Spider....well at least I told my wife I "needed" another project. All told this will be a fun one and I look forward to good conversation here on the board!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF. If you have an extra '61 Spider lying around, just send it to me for exercise.

My first Little British Car was a 76 MGB, which started me down the slippery slope.

Say, with a name like Teutonic, do you have a German car connection too?

Tom M.

OP
T

Teutonic1

Freshman Member
Hi Tom,

I am excited to be here. The only German car connection I ever experimented with was a '73 VW Super Beetle....I did not love it and went immediately back to Alfa's. However my family is German! I really look forward to getting to know the board and share our experiences and adventures in these wonderfully imperfect cars.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Teutonic1! You've come to the right place.

By the way, I owned a '73 Super Beetle myself. In fact, bought it new. Traded it in on a '74 Alfa Spider the month I graduated from college. Long story.

Post some pics of your MGB when you get a chance. (And if you also sneak a pic of the Alfa in, I won't tell on you!)