Thread: Bugeye shifter cover (top hat)

Chats

Bugeye shifter cover (top hat)

Now that the Bugeye is back from the painter Iím assessing the parts I need to finish it. The car was at the body shop when we had the fire and most of the parts were with it or in the garage when it happened. Now that the car is back Iíve noticed that a few items are missing that I was unaware of. One is the Ďtop hatí. I had two, one stock with insulation and painted and the other was 3/4Ē lower and painted...Iím guessing both went up in smoke. If anyone has an extra I could really use one!
    Thanks, Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Chats

Re: Bugeye shifter cover (top hat)

The painter called and he found it on the rack with some other goodies...I’m good to go!
    Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Woohoo!
    Drew Frink
    '59 RHD Frogeye Sprite - "Penny" under restoration
    '66 RHD Morris Minor - "Maggie"
    '70 RHD MGB
    '06 Triumph Bonneville T100

Chats

The painter called later and said he’s still looking and the shop ain’t that big!
    Rut, disappointed in AL

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

Jeff has his lowered fibreglas replacements available in case you're stuck. Doug
    1959 pristine 948 cc Bug-Eye; DCOE, 5 speed; bought 1971
    1960 BE bought 1971 & stored since; body tub restored and reassembling (1275; etc.)
    1962 AH 3000 BJ7; 3rd owner (1982?); in shop Oct. 2015 for paint job - home soon!
    1962 VW Meyers Manx clone dune buggy; stripped last winter and being reassembled
    1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 Triple, orig. owner; stored since 1973, but runs again! 1999 Buell S3

Freshman Member
    Chats

I do believe I have one or two, whether or not I can get to them is the question.

Chats

Thanks again guys! BillM had one he’s shipping along with a few other parts I need AND the painter called again to let me know he mailed mine yesterday...I’m pumped. I’ll have the original ready to install and an extra to cut down if necessary. Can’t wait to get the engine and transmission installed and the aluminum back from the polisher/anodizer. I’ve removed most of the under bonnet parts and pieces to clean off any overspray and repaint some of the black pieces and that gives me more room to color sand and polish all the paint work.
    Rut