• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This Weekend - here

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Basil

Administrator
Boss
For this weekend I just bought our tickets for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Going to be getting up very early!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
And here in my neck o' the woods - our annual Agriculture weekend. I'll be leading walks through the orchards, and giving talks on old techniques for improving soil fertility, dealing with crop problems, and preserving food.

2270%20Apple%20and%20AG%20Home%20Page%20Banner%20960x350_100217_R2.jpg

https://www.osv.org/event/apple-and-ag-days

And no, I won't be leading the oxen!
Tom M.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And here in my neck o' the woods - our annual Agriculture weekend. I'll be leading walks through the orchards, and giving talks on old techniques for improving soil fertility,
Tom M.

outhouse?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tom,

If you walk behind the oxen,remember to wear boots.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A few years ago I was showing visitors how to plow a furrow. Hands on the plow handles, and guide it as the oxen pull it forward. Most of them were kids, but there was a woman in line, about 70 years old. When her turn came up, she took off her shoes and walked barefoot, plowing the complete furrow in a perfectly straight line. Said that's how she did it when she was a child in the DDR.

Doug - when do you make the Big Move? Be sure to post pictures of your trip across the USA.

Tom M.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Planning on leaving Saturday,October 14th.
I don't have a laptop,so won't be able to post pictures.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well back to the topic - had thanksgiving with the family today - 14 for supper - my son got called into work, but, other than that that is the family in this part of the world.

Weather was in the mid 70's - so, rather than turkey we smoked about 17lbs of pork - salads, new potatoes boiled and crisped slightly on the grill - much wine and prosecco and beer - and dessert - a very good time had by all!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I spent the weekend at a professional development workshop at Quartz Mountain state park. The resort there is beautiful and the classes were fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience and walked away with some great ideas and activities for my classroom.