• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Telepathic?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Drove my TR6 up to a tennis court, played a couple of sets and then had 3 players help me get the top up. When I drove home, I found out my Honda key with attached door key was missing. It had been in the right hand pocket of my warmup pants along with the TR key and the Subaru key - all separate. Getting back into the car, I said to myself "Like looking for a needle in a haystack". Turned on the radio and the first words I heard were "Looking for a needle in a haystack" from the announcer! I knew then I was fated to find the keys. Drove back to the court, retraced my steps, didn't find the keys, walked back to the road, looked where I was standing to help put the top up and there they were - right on the road where they had fallen out when I took out the Triumph key. Did anyone else ever have such a strange thing happen? Coincidence? Not likely.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I knew you were going to start this thread.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
"_____________________________________________" and of course everyone should agree with this!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"_____________________________________________" and of course everyone should agree with this!
Ha, ha.... I've heard that one before.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Last week I had a dream that I had been to a bar and as I was leaving three guys tried to steal my car. I awoke at 4:15 to my car alarm going off in my driveway. Two days later my Saturday newspaper has a car advice column and the first question was about a Honda CRV alarm going off for no reason. I have a Honda CRV.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Last week I had a dream that I had been to a bar and as I was leaving three guys tried to steal my car. I awoke at 4:15 to my car alarm going off in my driveway. Two days later my Saturday newspaper has a car advice column and the first question was about a Honda CRV alarm going off for no reason. I have a Honda CRV.

Maybe the alarm is what prompted the dream about having your car stolen. A few months back I was dreaming there was an airplane over head and I was concerned it was going to crash. The engine of the plane would go for a few seconds: Rrrrrrrrrrr, then stop for a few seconds, then, rrrrrrr again. I figured the pilot was having engine trouble. Then I started to wake and realized the airplane noise was actually my wife snoring!

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
That’s possible. But it was a weird long dream. It’s unusual that I can still remember most of it. There were 3 men trying to steal my car from me and I was giving them my keys and telling them to take it. By the way it was a 1957 Chevy 4 door.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ha, ha.... I've heard that one before.

[FONT=&quot]A man is sent to prison for the first time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The first night there, after the lights in the cell block are turned off, he immediately sees his cellmate going over to the bars and yelling, "twelve!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The whole cell block breaks out laughing. A few minutes later, somebody else in the cell block yells, "four!" Again, the whole cell block breaks out laughing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Why are you guys just yelling numbers?" He asks his cellmate. "What's so funny about random numbers?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Well," says the older prisoner, "They're not random. It's just that we've all been in this here prison for so long, we all know all the same jokes. So after a while we just started giving them numbers and yelling those numbers is enough to remind us of the joke instead of telling it."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wanting to fit in, the new prisoner walks up to the bars and yells, "SIX!" But instead of laughter, a dead silence falls on the cell block. He turns to the older prisoner, "What's wrong? Why didn't I get any laughs?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"You didn't tell it right."[/FONT]

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

"You didn't tell it right."

I remember that joke, but with TV writers in a bar. Same bit about the numbers, but when the new guy tries and gets silence, the comment is:

Well, some guys can tell jokes, and some guys can't.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I thought the prisoners were calling each other with cell numbers.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW, not telepathy but the original part of the post - a couple years ago I got home and was missing a $100 gift card - drove back to the store, parked in the same spot, opened the door and there it was. phew.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
That's the second time keys dropped out. The first was in Florida. They were in the grass near the car. I've also left behind an Audi locking gas cap (got it back), a 7-iron (never got it back) and countless credit cards, all in the drawer at the restaurant. Now, it's the first thing I do is put the card back in my wallet. Wife lost her diamond wedding ring on the golf course some years ago. By some miracle, it was found and we paid a small reward to the finder. But a year later, the diamond itself fell out on the same hole and was never retrieved. I had warned her not to wear the ring when she played golf.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oh yeah, never found the wedding ring - I think I lost it washing the car - interestingly when we went back to the store they still stocked the style so, go an exactl replacement.

You reminded me though of a cross that I used to wear around my neck - had huge sentimental value as it had been a gift from a friend in youth group who was the first person I ever knew who died of AIDs - I was working at a camp where they had a dugout pond for swimming - all sand, chain broke in a huge water fight - just as I noticed, I felt something under my foot - I remember thinking, "I will check but if it is not it I won't search any further - it was."

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Oh yeah, never found the wedding ring - I think I lost it washing the car - interestingly when we went back to the store they still stocked the style so, go an exactl replacement.

You reminded me though of a cross that I used to wear around my neck - had huge sentimental value as it had been a gift from a friend in youth group who was the first person I ever knew who died of AIDs - I was working at a camp where they had a dugout pond for swimming - all sand, chain broke in a huge water fight - just as I noticed, I felt something under my foot - I remember thinking, "I will check but if it is not it I won't search any further - it was."

Years ago, when we were first married, we were at a picnic out at "Giant Springs" park on the Missouri river in Great Falls, Montana. Just a typical lazy Saturday afternoon, but when we got home, I noticed my wedding ring was gone. I wasn't 100% sure I had lost it at the park - it could have been somewhere else, but I spent the entire next day combing the entire park with a borrowed metal detector. Never did find it. Ended up with a replacement that was "close" to the original but not exactly the same. The second ring I've managed to keep on my finger for 42 years.