Thread: overspray removal on vinyl

overspray removal on vinyl

Boy, I hate painters. Every problem is the customers fault and the customer must spend 2 hours clean up to every billed hour by the painter.
    So how do I get rid of overspray on my BJ8's vinyl? The upholstery guy says wax and grease remover(prepsol). So far not effective. I am about ready for lacquer thinner.
    Ken Freese
    This Jedi stuff is not really cute. I recommend the administrator get rid of it.

Re: overspray removal on vinyl

Ken,

Laquer thinner will probably work, but I'd test it on an inconspicuous place first to make sure the color on the vinyl is safe for it. Wash it off with soap and water when you're done so it doesn't stay on and soften the vinyl and treat with vinyl dressing.

Rick

I have used enamel reducer sparingly applying it with the finest steel wool, ooo? Be careful only work it for short periods. I cleaned off with 409 and then waited to apply again. Working too long will start to melt the vinyl. Good luck.

Chats

I would post that question on one of the Auto Detailing Facebook pages. Great resource for spills, stains, paint correction, etc, etc.
    Patrick
    '67 Metallic Golden Beige/Red
    Owned since '72

Chats

Goof-off is designed for removing paint. Test a spot first. I've used it on vinyl with success but all vinyl is not the same.

ok, thanks for the tips.
    This Jedi stuff is not really cute. I recommend the administrator get rid of it.