• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Leaving Maine

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
Just sold our place here in Maine and are headed west. The plan is to drive out and see some sights along the way. We're headed to Spokane WA first, then Silverton OR. At the moment we're essentially homeless, with a mailing service as an address. We plan to stay at a few Airbnb's/VRBO's and look for a town we think we'll like and relocate. I gave the cars to my kids & we bought a new VW. The business will have to run on a notebook computer and cell phone for a while.

I expect we'll end up in WA, OR, or ID. She'll be closer to family. My roots are here so I'll be back to Maine frequently.

I see other changes in BCFLand with Doug headed east & Doc closing shop etc. As the old saying goes - the only constant is change.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
You guys are beginning to give me a serious case of wanderlust!

Must be something in the air...

But we've put down some roots here in the Smokies. Don't see a change for us anytime soon.

Safe travels to both of you.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wow John, what an adventure! What precipitated this desire to โ€œgo west young man?โ€

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wholly bovine, John! Never expected that news. But as you've said, the only constant is change. Be safe on your adventures and enjoy!

...oh! and keep us up on your odyssey, please.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Wow indeed - safe journeys and keep us posted!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Maybe we can meet up,if we're in the same area.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Politically and climatically a totally different area John.
Good luck

OP
coldplugs

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
Politically and climatically a totally different area John.
Good luck

A major concern, Don. Not sure I'll fit in.

Background: Some folks may remember that my then wife died of breast cancer back in 2007. I subsequently remarried. My new wife (wonderful woman) had concerns about moving east from CA but promised to give it a try. I in turn agreed to go west if she couldn't handle the isolation (my house was in the woods, no neighbors etc). She gave it a great 8 year try but never really acclimated. So I need to uphold my end of the bargain. She always intended to leave CA and go to the northwest so there we are.

Stayed at sons place in southern Maine last night. Currently in Northampton MA. Just went to one of our favorite brewpubs here & will head for daughter's tomorrow in upstate NY. Then a couple of days in the Adirondacks at Blue Mtn Lake. Then Niagara Falls. Then I'm not sure.

Once the dust settles I'm hoping to get a small place or a camp in Maine for a couple of months of R&R each year.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
John, you are a good man. Compromise is always at the heart of a healthy relationship. Good luck on the move and I hope that you are both happy in your new locale.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
John, If you end up in Wa....

If you're conservative stay east of the mountans.
If you lean liberal stay to the NW of the mountans
And if you're on the fence, southwest of the mountans
:excitement::encouragement::angel2:

Or you could end up in Portland
Now that's a different ball of wax altogether

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
John, If you end up in Wa....

If you're conservative stay east of the mountans.
If you lean liberal stay to the NW of the mountans
And if you're on the fence, southwest of the mountans
:excitement::encouragement::angel2:

Or you could end up in Portland
Now that's a different ball of wax altogether

mmmk.jpg

And oh, by the way,

I like cheese! :cheese:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Basil, I didn't state any political view.
That is just fact that if you ask any Washingtonian will say is correct.
I was laying out the ground work fork John to have a little knowledge about the area to help him in his decision on where to live..
I didn't say one was any better than the other.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Basil, I didn't state any political view.
That is just fact that if you ask any Washingtonian will say is correct.
I was laying out the ground work fork John to have a little knowledge about the area to help him in his decision on where to live..
I didn't say one was any better than the other.

I don't think Basil was chastizing you so much as gently reminding the rest of us that there is a detour ahead. :cheers: He's good at that.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Gosh I haven't seen a Hotshot in years. High school classmate had one. I can't estimate how many times he found it parked on the curb or once even on a pair of saw horses.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Back around 1955, a local chicken place - Hoosier Chicken - used a Crosley Hotshot to deliver the chicken. One afternoon, the kid who was their driver flipped it over on a front lawn near our house. Kid and Crosley were ok. Chicken got ruined. Who's yer Chicken?