• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Brand new member [and a payiing one at that]

skipmurf

Freshman Member
I owned a '67 Austin Healey 3000 45 years ago in 1972-74 and loved it. Drove it everywhere for two years in Colorado in all seasons and it was a total joy and completely dependable. Back then it was a late model used sports car (not a collectors item) so i changed the color of it to and Audi color - Alaska Blue - it was beautiful. It was originally gold in color, i think, but it was so washed out by the time i bought it, it needed a paint job so i painted it whatever i wanted. Pictures attached.

I paid more in sales tax this time around than what i sold my Healey for in 1974.

I bought it for $1000 because all the wires under the dash melted (no surprise, Lucas electrics). Dragged it home and spent a half hour separating the wires and put the key in the ignition and it started right up. it took a couple of hours to replace all the smoked wires, but never again had a electrical (or any other) problem. Why I sold it is still something of a mystery.

It had a Stebro exhaust (totally cool) which i would love to do again but sadly Stebro is no longer in existence. Lots of custom exhaust fabricators out there so i will no doubt have little trouble replicating the Stebro.

I will tell more about the new one, but it believe the dealer when he said that it has 44,000 original miles on it. His documentation supported that notion.

I will introduce my new love soon.

Thanks for including me in the forum. I look to get lots of good information for keeping my car as pristines as it is now.

skipmurf

Attachments

• '67 Healey2.pdf
    304.5 KB · Views: 40
  • '67 Healey4.pdf
    286.5 KB · Views: 43

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Skip! You have a lovely Healey and for that you've come to the right place! We have a very active and engaged Healey forum here so I'm sure you will fit right in! By the way, that's very much for supporting the forum by becoming a subscriber! You will now notice a little "gold star" next to your forum name! Your support is VERY much appreciated!

Basil

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Skip! You've come to the right place.

I was also driving a Healey "everywhere" 1972-74, although everywhere in Oregon and Washington. I put an Abarth exhaust on my second Healey, which I suspect was much like the Stebro.

By the way, there are several chapters of the Austin-Healey Club of America in Ohio. Check the website. Club membership has many benefits. Plus the national Healey meet will be in French Lick, Indiana, next July, so I hope to see you there.