• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New guy

goldman19

Freshman Member
Just finished a 1957 TR3 small mouth. Can anyone give me info on the windshield washers. I understand that they were dealer installed options.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Goldman and welcome to the forum! Is this your first foray into little British cars?

For specific marque-releted technical questions, I recommend you post such questions in the relevant forum (in this case the Triumph forum) and you'll likely get more responses. In the mean time, tell us a bit about yourself and your interest in LBCs. Have you been an LBC enthusiast for a long time, or it this new for you, what other hobbies do you have etc..etc..

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF goldman19! You've come to the right place, although as Basil noted, you'll likely have better luck getting responses to specific technical and restoration questions in the applicable marque forum. The Triumph Forum is quite active and it's likely someone will have a good answer to your question there.

Please post some pics of that small-mouth TR3 when you get a chance. (I think they're better-looking than the "big-mouth" TR3s!) :cheers:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hola, and welcome to the asylum!

The washers used little chrome nozzles that look kind of like acorn nuts with a hole in the side. The pump was hand operated and mounted to the dash usually near the glovebox door. Big black knob, different than the others, on a shaft that normally stuck out about 2". Push the knob in to get a squirt from the washers.

Pretty useless, IMO, except as a curiosity.Here are a couple photos of the pump
https://www.tr3a.info/gallery_TRdetails.htm

Like Basil said, it would be better to ask any further questions over in the Triumph forum.