• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A door card

sp53

Yoda
Country flag

Well I received my new Senco stapler (made in Twain) that shoots 5/32 staples; there were none in this town. I got a pretty good deal for 100.00 and 2 boxes of staples on line from Jewel City Tools out of L.A.

Anyways I glued the vinyl to the dash and I found that very difficult because of all the curves and ends. I used some clothes pins to hold things apart in the tight spots plus this old guy showed me years ago to put about a 1 inch of glue in bucket with a lid and just leave the brush in and close it up each day while it cures that way the glue last longer and no clean up.

My main question is how much of the doors get the piping? I do not have a door card that shows some piping. What I have is a door card with one piece of white across the top on a black door card. I am thinking there should be a piece the goes down towards the cowling, but I have look for some pic and cannot find any. Does anybody have a pic of a 58/59 door card with piping?

I have a back piece that shows white piping all along the top with black piping where it hits the wheel well, so I think I have got that, but the doors I am not sure.
steve

Attachments

• CIMG2658.JPG
    CIMG2658.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 86

TFB

Jedi Knight
Country flag
There are about 10 little clips that go on the dash bottom helping to hold the covering secure.Not sure who sells them(I need about 5 more)but they work.
My TRF door cards have piping on the top following the capping,nothing on donward curve to cowl.
Tom

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Beautiful! The small end of the glove box is the killer part.

I have lots of pics of a TR3A...but that may be changed from your '58 styles.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
As said above, the door cards had piping across the top only, TR2 through TR3B. Perhaps one of the few things that ST did consistently. Can't say there were no exceptions but I haven't seen any. I think I have some old cards in the loft ad will get a picture when I get a chance.
Tom

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Well...maybe the TR3 through 3B, but the TR2 only had piping on the inner wheel cover.

Chuck Murphy

Country flag
More to what John said - TR3 only had piping on the inner wheel cover also (not top of door). TR3A did have piping on door top.
Chuck

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
More to what John said - TR3 only had piping on the inner wheel cover also (not top of door). TR3A did have piping on door top.
Chuck
I stand corrected with apologies. I guess I'd better stick with what is actually in the garage.
Here's the 3A's early green recovered and late battered black original. Tom
P1010022.jpg