• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Kalispell,MT - Roanoke,Virginia - Which Route?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Getting close - 2-3 weeks.I need to visit my Mom & Family
in Kalispell,& then head to Roanoke.I'll be towing our '67 MGB GT.
I'm trying to get some ideas on which route to take.I wanted
to go South to Salt Lake City,or Denver,but would make better time by
heading in a South Easterly direction.
I would appreciate ideas,& hope to maybe meet up with other
members along the way.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Doug,
Just went onto Google maps and asked for routes between Kalispell, MT and Roanoke, VA. It came back with two routes, the shortest and fastest, 2269 miles and 1 day and 10 hours with tolls. The second, 2442 miles and 1 day 12 hours with no tolls. The fastest looked like i-90 to Chicago and then SE to Roanoke. The longest came through Omaha, NE and St. Louis, MO then eastward to Roanoke.
If i was doing it, I would look at both those routes on the computer and then get my trusty State Farm road atlas and plot my route looking at a real map. (That being said, I'm beginning to find i'm starting to rely on my phone WAZE GPS more and more!)
I guess it also depends on if you want to pay tolls or not.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks! I love maps,& use them on trips like this,
but have to admit that I like the GPS to get through
the cities,& get information from.
I also hate paying tolls.