• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Judy [judow] could use your thoughts and prayers

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
(posting this with permission).

Last night I was in town teaching my Family-to-Family class for NAMI. About mid-way though the class, my cellphone vibrated with an incoming call. I normally don't answer my cell phone during class, but I recognized the number as my friend and neighbor Judy (judow on the forum). I thought about letting it go to voice mail and checking it during the class break, but something told me to go ahead and answer. She said, "this is Judy do you have a minute (or something to that effect)." I told her I was in class and asked if I could call her back at the break. To which she replied that she needed someone to take her to the hospital. Her husband was out of state.

Long story short, she ended up calling 911 for an ambulance, but at the same time, I called my wife (since we live only a few miles from Judy) and asked her if she could go stay with Judy while waiting for the ambulance, which she did. Judy lives in the same county as Albuquerque, but very much out in the sticks so it took the ambulance 25 minutes to get there. My wife followed them to the hospital in town, then came home once she knew Judy was being taken care of, etc.

This morning Mary called Judy and learned that they are going to be doing a heart valve replacement surgery on her. Hence the request to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

(I know a lot of folks in the Healey forum don't frequent the Pub so I'm making this a global post)

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hope she's OK. She is always quick with kind words for others.

Keith

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Our prayers are with you Judy, hope all goes well!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Get well soon Judy!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We're all pulling for you Judy! Get well soon.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
UPDATE and great news! Just got a call from a Judy and they ran a catheter and found she had a 90% blockage of her carotid artery. They put a stint in today and now feel she will not need the valve replacement at this time!

She is still in the hospital but sounds like she may be able to go home as soon as this Sunday! She sounded very upbeat and relieved that she won't need major surgery at this time.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Great news!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Good news! and prayers continue

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bad news/good news! Hang tough, Judy! You're in our thoughts down here.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Glad to hear the good news. Also glad they found that blockage before something much more serious happened. Get well soon Judy.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just noticed the post - not what I wanted to hear,
but glad that she's OK.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
How'd Judy doing? Did she go back home on Monday?

TM

Just got update from her hubby, Doug. Mixed news. She did go home Monday, but ended up taking another ambulance ride back to the hospital (not sure if this was Monday night or after) due to breathing difficulties I think. They put her on O2 and sent her home again. She is currently still home and on O2, but it sounds like the O2 is a temporary thing while she recuperates; otherwise her vitals are good.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Got a call Friday from her husband. They had been planning to come to our house for dinner this Sunday but he called to say that, while she is doing better, she still wasn't quite up to visiting with us Sunday so we have pushed that off to a later TBD date. She is still on O2, but hopefully that's only temporary.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, Be sure to let her know that we are all thinking about her and pulling for her.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Bas, Be sure to let her know that we are all thinking about her and pulling for her.

Just got off the phone with Judy. She's still on the road to recovery and has been focused on getting better so hasn't been on the forum. I'm sure she will eventually and she can fill you all in on the details of her journey.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Man that is one **** of a journey at Christmas time
She has my prayers and hopes for a good recovery--Keoke